Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Batty Princess for Make it Crafty.....

Hello again, everyone: This is my first participation in the Make it Crafty Challenge, this time they have a theme of Shades of Black and White so, images of Halloween started dancing in my mind.  I went looking for my box with "spooky" stamps and this one just jump at me, a perfect little image of a sweet Batty Princess , colored with just my black Prismacolor pencil and paper stumps dipped in baby oil.  Here is my card.
This is the very first time I only use one color for a stamped image, I can honestly say, I'm very happy for the way this image looks. My first try was with a black water color pencil but the shades were just not coming along at all. Then, I tried the SU basic black marker, with similar results.  I didn't want her pretty dress to be totally black because the details of it were going to be gone so, finally I reached for my Prismacolor black pencil, my paper stumps and the baby oil and the results were fabulous. Everything is colored with this one pencil but, when I got to her face I was so scared I was going to ruin it that I practice a couple of times on some scrap water color paper where I stamped just her face and started coloring it. I soon realized that I really didn't have to add any color to it, the paper stump had enough of the pigment to give her that ashen look I was looking for. The only other detail I added was a little bit of a white gel pen for her stockings, the buckles of her little shoes and her necklace, where I placed one of the smallest pearls from Stampin Up!
Then, I punched a small circle with SU 1 3/8" punch to create a moon and I sponged some Memento Tuxedo Black ink all around her to try to make her look "Dark and Dreary".....Not a chance!!!!!  She is just to cute and sweet to scare anybody.
So, there you have it my friends, my little Batty Princess, I hope you like it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.
This is the banner that inspired this card.CAS CHALLENGE | SHADES OF BLACK & WHITE           I wan to thank you for visiting my blog, I enjoy reading your comments so, so much, they always make me smile.
I hope you come back again soon.
Many hugs from Maria.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so sweet ! Good luck with the challenge and thank you for sharing !

Patti Willey said...

She is Amazing! Look at that sheer dress you've accomplished to keep beautiful while using black! Love the masked moon, you are so talented with Color!!

Anonymous said...

Great coloring on the image! Thanks for entering our Clean and Simple challenge this month at Make it Crafty! Good luck!