Followers

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Go Wild.....

Hello Everyone: I'm later than usual posting this card but I have my grandchildren spending some time with us so, my house is busier than usual but, I love having them here, they are such a joy.
This card I made is for the Addicted to CAS Challenge #92, Code Word STRIPES, here it is.


This fabulous Zebra image is from the retired SU set called "Zoo Review" from the 2011-2012 catalog, all of this amazing images of wild animals are just perfect to make masculine cards.
This card couldn't have been quicker to make, I just stamped the Zebra with Versafine Onix Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, the stripped strip on the left was done with one of the images on the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set from the 2013-201 SU catalog, I just used my MISTI to place the stripes where I wanted them and heat embossed them the same way.
I added those trees in the background to complete this wild scene. 
The sentiment is from Power Poppy's "Go Wild" stamp set.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I repeated the stripped pattern here, the sentiment is from the same Power Poppy set.
Here is the banner that inspired my card.


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



9 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Handsome CAS card Maria! Love the zebra and additional stripes on the side you're so smart!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you my friend, it felt good to be able to do this quick card.

HJ said...

Very cute masculine card. We all need those. The zebra is great and the stripes down the edge on front and inside are a great touch. Enjoy the grands while you can.

Mary Fish said...

"Wildly" cool, inside and out!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you HJ, it's hard for me to make masculine cards but this set is just perfect for them, such handsome wild creatures.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love this set Mary, such amazing images for the guys in our lives, thank you so much for stopping by.

Esther said...

Just popped over to check if everything's okay in your world - missed you at LIM! Glad to see you posting, and such fabulous cards too. I love the stripes on this one, so eye catching and impactful! Hope you're having fun with your grandchildren, though I can imagine how busy you must be as a result! x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Esther, it's been busy to say the least but we love having our grandchildren at our home, even if this cuts a big chunk out of my crafting time.
So happy you stopped by.
Hugs.

Deepti said...

Fabulous zebra is a cool stamp for stripes :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS