Followers

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Handmade With Love.....

Hello everyone: This week at Shopping Our Stash, we have a fun and unique challenge for you. We want you to create a card inspired by your bedding, yes, yes.....whether is the colors, fabric or design, go take a look at your quilts, or bedspreads, comforters, etc. we can't wait to see what you come up with.
My card is inspired by my bedspread, which is not really very colorful, I must say. It's pistachio green and gray but it does have some pretty designs on it so, I grabbed that soft pretty green and added some color of my own. Hope you like this card.


I just punched a few 1 1/2" squares and arranged them to make this pattern then, I grabbed an old embossing folder from Cuttlebug and, after I glued the squares I ran the whole panel on my Big Shot to create the swirls.
The Sentiment, spool and needle, are from a very old stamp set that I have no clue where it came from. Back when I started stamping I had the habit of throwing away the packaging of my sets and dies without saving that information but, in my defense, I never thought I was going to need it someday, a blog was the last thing on my mind.
I just stamped this spool and the needle onto some scraps of Strathmore 90lb. water color paper because I was going to fussy cut them. Yes, I even fussy cut this needle. I wrapped some real embroidery thread on the spool and cut a small piece to "thread" it through the needle. Well, I didn't really actually thread it, I just made a small slit on the "eye" with an exacto knife and place the thread in it and added a little drop of glue to keep it in place and a couple more for that thread to stay on the panel.


Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.

The sentiment, quilt blocks and needle image are also from this set. 
I hope you guys give this challenge a try, there is a lot of possibilities with it, take the colors or the design of your bedding, pillows, etc. make a card and share it with us in the gallery.
Don't forget to stop by my teammates blogs to see their awesome cards and get more inspiration and leave them some crafty love.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamps I used.





14 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Details! Oh my your amazing with little details that make this card! Love the patterned squares you cleverly embossed but that spool of thread & needle make this card pop!! Lovely job Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I didn't think I was going to be able to fussy cut that needle, I even thought of putting a real needle instead but I figured it would kind of look out of place and then, what about when I mail this card.....I made several attempts at fussy cut it until this one finally look great.

lauren bergold said...

what a GORGEOUS card... absolutely love everything about this! bravo! ♥

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lauren, it took a bit of thinking until I decided on this design, had fun making it.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the sentiment is fabulous!

Mary Fish said...

How cool! Quilted and embossed squares!

Lisa said...

Oh my such a clever idea with the spool of thread! The quilt turned out so pretty. So many different textures going on. The inside sentiment is also true. Wonderful card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

No picture of you bedding - I'm disappointed :(
But your card is gorgeous and makes up for it!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome design love the colours and the needle, spool and thread are jut the icing on the "cake" fab. job.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Stacey, the sentiments are very beautiful and true.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary!:)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, this particular embossing folder is great to get the quilted look.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Sorry Cornelia, believe it or not, I have NO batteries on my camera, I barely was able to take this pictures. I will try to take a picture today.
Thank you for stopping by.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Barbara, that needle took several attempts to get it fussy cut right.