Followers

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pretty Kitty for The Pals Paper Arts.....

Hello everyone: This week, over at the Pals Paper Arts there is a color challenge hosted by the fabulous Brian King. I've known Brian since he started blogging, I have participated on this card swaps and he has been a sweet and wonderful friend through out all of this years, helping me smooth out the rough edges of my own blog with tips and suggestions on how to do it right, for that, and a bunch of other things, I'm so very grateful.
So, how can I pass the chance to play along with his color challenge? no way!! here is my card, made with a brand new and incredibly cute and beautiful SU set called Pretty Kitty.


Ok, is this image cute or what?! I stamped it onto a piece of Strathmore 90lb. water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with the aqua painter and SU markers in Real Red and Night of Navy, I use a bit of white gel pen for the round flowers and a bit of Wild Wasabi for the stems and the grass. The kitty was colored with my Prismacolor pencils because I wanted the kitty to have "fur".
The card stock and ribbon are from my stash, the red piece was die cut using Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die set,  I just found this very patriotic ribbon in the dollar bin at my local craft store.
This is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from the same set, the little flowers are done inking just one of the images on the retired "Bordering Blooms" set with Real Red and Night of Navy markers. I masked the little flower pot from one of the stamps in the set called Sassy Succulents from Power Poppy. 

This is the color banner that inspired my card.
Pals Paper Arts PPA307
I'm also linking this card to the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge "Cherry Bomb"


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


20 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Handsome! I know Brian will live the CAS structure and patriotic feel of your card and forgive you for omitting Pool Party!

Windy Ellard said...

what an amazing frame and love the sentiment with the banner! Thanks for playing along with the Pals color challenge this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! I didn't have any Pool Party card stock so I went with what I had at hand that looked the closest, I think it will be ok.
Thanks my friend.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Windy, I forgot to mention that the frame was die cut with Spellbinders Flor de Liz die set, I will go and correct this immediately.

HJ said...

What a cute card. I love the frame die with the sweet kitty picture and perfect sentiment. Your coloring is amazing. We all love the fabulous Brian!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, love the colouring.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you HJ, I love this set and yes!! Mr. King is very much loved.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Aileen.

Mary Fish said...

You amaze me with your coloring skills. Thanks for playing the PPA Challenge!

Brian King said...

Such a super-cute card, Maria. While the kitty image isn't necessarily patriotic, it feels very much at home with these colors. I love your coloring and beautiful shading. Thanks so much for playing along with my Pals Paper Arts color challenge!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, Brian's choice of colors is just so bright and fun. I adore this set!! and it was a cinch to color this cute little kitty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Brian, I know this kitty is not really a Patriotic image but the colors of your challenge are and, I wanted to ink up this set so badly I just went with that.
Love this cute little images.

Peggy Noe said...

Maria, you've chosen my favorite stamp in that set ~ the kitty in the pot, I love it! And I love your coloring, it really does look like he has fur! Thank you for joining us this week for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

Melody said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Peggy, this set is simply adorable, all of this images just melt your heart. And I'm so glad you notice the "fur", LOL!!
Thank you for stopping by.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Melody.:)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Leigh, I just love that tri colored cherry!!

Katy McGloin said...

Absolutely adorable, Maria!! The kitty would make anyone happy!! Love the homespun patriotic theme to go along with the kitty. Thanks so much for including the PPA color challenge in your stamping fun this week!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, I'm totally in love with this stamp set, and for the colors, I couldn't resist incorporating them into this card.