Followers

Friday, July 1, 2016

Sing along, please!!!!!

Hello everyone: Well, this week over at Addicted to Stamps and More! they are celebrating 2 amazing milestones.....their 200th. challenge post and their 4th. birthday, isn't it awesome??!!! and they are asking us to join in the fun creating birthday cards, here is mine.


From the very first time I laid eyes on this Katzelkraft cats from the set Les Chats Russes I fell in love with them, each image gives you the chance to create scenes or situations that are so funny, I'm laughing as I'm stamping them. To make this card I used, besides this images of the singing cat and his "pal" the chubby mouse, a few other sets, to help me create the situation I wanted, I will list them at the end of this post.
I stamped all of this images, except the mouse, onto Canson water color paper and colored them with SU markers and the aqua painter. I die cut the musical notes in bright colors to compliment the colors of the gifts.  Now, in my first thought I just wanted the cat on the table by itself but, he needed something and that something was that mouse. But the cat and the gifts were already colored and I couldn't stamp the mouse next to him, it would look awful so, I stamped the mouse onto some water color paper but it was hard to fussy cut, specially the tail so, I took a deep breath and stamped him onto a piece of copy paper, colored him with Prismacolor pencils and proceeded to fussy cut him. The tail is thin and wavy, but my paper snips are awesome and I was able to go around the turns on this tail with not to much trouble, well.....I actually have this big magnifying glass that I hang on my neck so I can see much better what I'm doing, specially this very detailed tail.


I took a brush and lifted the tail just so you can see how darn thin it is. Don't you just love this little critter? Oh, I could just squeeze him.


Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from the retired SU set called "Perfectly Penned", the cake is from the retired Flourishes set called "All Wrapped Up!" and the fireworks from The Ton set called "Pyrotechnics" awesome for any kind of celebration.
Here is the inspiration photo that inspired my card.



Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamps I used.








7 comments:

Patti Willey said...

That's quite a Milestone on the Blog Challenge! These two should not be separated they're a hoot! Great thought process throughout the entire card layout it's colorful and very entertaining!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, I'm telling you, this cats are awesome!! That mousy is the perfect accent to all of this cat images, his expression can be interpreted in so many ways.

Mary Fish said...

Instant smile and sweet critter watercoloring!

Peanut said...

Oh my word!!! Soooo stinkin' cute, Maria! LOVE the little cuddly critters, Mickey included! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, you can't help but smile looking at this critters.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Asha, all the cat images on this set are so funny but that mouse.....it's just like you said, so stinking cute!!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

OMGEEE! I love this card! The critters are stinkin' cute!!!! Cyndi