Followers

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Swim, Bike, Run.....

Hello everyone: Most of you dear friends, who've known me for a while know I'm a passionate Triathlete and a 3 time IronMan.  I've been a swimmer since I was like 15 y/o and I haven't stopped yet, don't intend to, I love it to much. But I came into the Triathlon Sport when a friend told me of some local races and, boy oh boy, I GOT TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY HOOKED ON IT.
I started doing these races back in 2003, having a blast, meeting some truly awesome people along the way and enjoying having my entire family cheering me on, the voices of my little grandchildren yelling "go grammy, go!!!" was all I needed to keep going.
My last Iron Man Triathlon was in October 2011 at the age of 60 😉
So here is this card that I will link to a few challenges at the end of this post.


I don't have a rubber stamp with these images (and I should, I'm going to look into that ASAP) so I did them free hand with a black marker. The water, pavement and grass where done with some leftover die cut outs, the images are painted on a small square of white card stock matting them with black card stock.  The word REPEAT was cut with my Cricut Machine.

*************************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.



The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called "Orchids", the little stars from a Fiskars Graduation set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Bitten by the Bug 2

Score Pal Challenge #52 "Clean and Simple"
I placed the 3 score lines between the images and the sentiment.


Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

20 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Maria, as you play along with our challenge all the time, I've seen your blog header before and knew you were an avid cyclist. But a three time iron-man? And the third time at age 60? Wow, you have throughly impressed me! Ok and as I read on, your images were drawn free-hand? I'm impressed again! What a wonderful card that represents your passion so perfectly. I think you should frame it :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

scraphappyAnnie said...

This is such an awesome card!! Thank you for playing along with us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Annie - DT Member

Jaydee said...

Maria, as soon as I saw this card, I couldn't help but thing how appropriate it was for you and you go girl still doing triathlon's at 60! What a wonderful feeling to hear your grandkids cheering you on, too! Back to the card :-) I love all the wonderful white space and that fabulous trio of images.
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week
jayvee

Cindy C. said...

This is amazing indeed!! Thanks for linking up to our September challenge gallery at a2z.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Maria as if your hand-drawn triathlon images with pops of colour weren't impressive enough - your third iron man aged 60??! Wow, hats off to you - girl power indeed! Awesome achievements on both counts. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Caroline said...

Wow, you are amazing!! I love this card with all the parts of the triathalon shown! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Brian King said...

This is incredible. You are incredible. <3

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so FUN! I love that you included 3 sports in you amazing card! Such a creative take on the challenge! You are amazing to participate in challenge! I am so impressed! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

LeAnne said...

I always knew you were a runner, but I didn't know you were THAT competitive! But what amazes me is that you drew these free-hand! They're perfect and so is your card....just right for Claire's CAS challenge! Hope your foot is mending well!! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

Sonny P. said...

Just look at how good you did those ladies !! You are truly talented ! Great card !!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh Maria! Marvellous on so many levels! Hand drawn but perfect images and a triathlon at 60! Utterly perfect CAS sports card from an amazing sportsperson. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! Hope you are up and about and well soon. x

laurie said...

Awesome CAS card, such a fun and creative idea. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

HJ said...

Maria, this is such a clever card for your personal journey. I love it. You are amazing in so many ways. TFS. Enjoy your day!

Mary Fish said...

The essence of Maria, right? Love the simple style and cute graphics! Repeat!

Arlene said...

You really are going to have to have the the images made into one stamp or three stamps. They really are fantastic, simple and clearn. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking this month.

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

This is awesome:) Thank you for entering in Bitten by the bug 2 Challenge Blog
CuteNCrafty Mommy
Facebook Page
Facebook Challenge Page
Cute N Crafty VIP Digi Stamp Club

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By the Bug 2. I love your card and the scoring is the perfect touch! Great CAS!

Alicia

Leslie Miller said...

What??? You did this free-hand? YOU are totally amazing, Maria! I know the story of your Iron Man challenges and you have me in awe. I wouldn't have done that when I was 20 let alone 60! Hey, we keep on keeping on. I like to stay active and, in fact, had a little run with my LuLu last night (I'm 65), but Iron Man??? Love this card so much!

Karen L K said...

Wow that is awesome that you are so active doing triathlons. Obviously it takes a lot to do those sorts of things not just physically but mentally too. What a nice card to fit with that! And your hand drawings are awesome. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

fusiafscrapping said...

Such a beautiful card. Well done!
Thank you so much for participating in our 'More than one fold' challenge at Scor-Pal!
Isia