Followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Wilderness Awaits.....

SOS Headquarters

Hello everyone: It's time for another fabulous challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH, our theme is MASCULINE CARDS.  Some people, me included, have a hard time creating these types of cards mainly because they must be simple but still appealing, not to busy but still, with a little fan fare so, here is my rendition to this challenge and I hope you come and play along.


Most of my stamp sets are of flowers and little cute critters so, when I see a set that is spectacularly masculine, I immediately get it, like this one from Stampin' Up! called "The Wilderness Awaits" from the 2015-2016 catalog, all four images are beautifully detailed and perfectly masculine.
I stamped my fox on a die cut piece of watercolor paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU re-inkers, I added a bit of white Prismacolor pencil to his handsome face and the tip of his tail.
I die cut a bigger piece of Copper glimmer paper to frame this image.  I embossed a panel of green card stock and rubbed it with copper ink, added a couple of copper brads, ribbon and the sentiment.

*********************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


Again, nothing fancy, just a bit of decoration at the top done with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and a sentiment from a Power Poppy set called "Everything's Even Rosier".

So, I hope you come and join my teammates and I in our SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery, please stop by the blog and visit their blogs for more inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



6 comments:

Chris Dring said...

This is such a wonderful card Maria! Love that sweet fox image. I was wondering how you did that background panel, as it looks really cool! Well done!

lauren bergold said...

...what the FOX...? :) :) :) (sorry i couldn't resist! this is awesome maria! ♥

Leslie Miller said...

Flowers and critters -- yup, that's me! But, wilderness and woodsy is infinitely appealing to me, as well, and this type of stamp makes a perfect masculine card. That's amazing how you did the embossed background! Wow! Copper ink on green gives it the verdigris look that copper gets as it ages. Brilliant! I don't have any copper ink, but I'm wondering how it would work with green ink on copper metallic CS. Hmmm... food for thought. So many ideas to try.

Barbara Godden said...

Fantastic card, love that fox, beautiful watercolouring too. great design. love it all.

Donna said...

Love this teammie!
That wee fox is super cute and totally dude appropriate!

Sonny P. said...

I love this sweet sleeping fox!
Cute !!!!