Followers

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

CASology Guest Designer.....

Hello everyone: Today I'm very happy to announce that I've been invited to be the Guest Designer for the CASology challenge this week, Woo Hoo!!



This is the new CUE CARD for this challenge.

This happened because THIS CARD was picked as a winner on their "BOUQUET" Challenge on February 12th.
The current Cue Card this time at CASology is "BURST" so, with Easter in mind, I created this card to inspire you to come along and play.
Please stop by the CASology Challenge blog to see the awesome cards the Designer Team have there for your inspiration.


I created this card with a very old and truly beautiful Cross from Stampabilities called "Resurrection Cross".
I stamped it on a panel of Ninah Solar White card stock with Stazon black ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils, then I stamped it again to create a mask so I could sponge the background with a bit of Hello Honey ink.
I found this tutorial on Pinterest by Geri that worked beautifully for my card so, thank you for sharing.
I stamped the word Alleluia with Versafine black ink and using the scoring board, scored a couple of short lines on the sides.
***************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is made with a piece of stamped brown paper using the retired SU background stamp called "Hardwood",  the sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "He is Risen" and the little decoration in the corner from other old Flourishes set called "Signs of Spring".

I want to thank the Designer Team at CASology for inviting me to be their Guest Designer this week. 
And as always, I thank you all for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.




13 comments:

Brian King said...

Such a gorgeous card, Maria! Beautiful colors and such wonderful texture! I love the embossed lines at the base of the card. Such a beautiful detail for a beautiful card.

Mary Fish said...

Fabulous for Easter, Maria. Like Brian, I adore the added embossing details.

Patti Willey said...

Very classy Maria. He is Risen indeed!

Leslie Miller said...

Your sunburst is a clever interpretation of the cue word, Maria. It doesn't surprise me that you came up with something like this. You have a very sharp mind. It's a beautiful card beautifully done!

Viv said...

Great CAS card here Maria, well done. I think I would have struggled with that theme too ;)hugs Viv xx

HJ said...

I love this very elegant, beautiful Easter card. Great take on the challenge and awesome job on the coloring. Congrats on being guest designer. Enjoy your day!

Sonny P. said...

So beautiful ! You did a wonderful image to show why you were chosen
as Guest Designer . Well done !

Jacquie Southas said...

It's great having you guest design with us this week, Maria! I love the sponged background on your card!

karen h said...

Beautiful card! Love the inked rays. Thanks for being our guest designer this week at Casology!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card, and I really love those sun rays in the background. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CASology this week.

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful card, Maria! The rays add so much interest! Thanks again for being our guest designer at CASology this week! :)

Darnell said...

Congratulations on guest designing at CASology, Maria! Your gorgeous card is a PERFECT example of CAS!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Jen W. said...

Maria, your card is gorgeous. I love that image, the inked background and the scoring. I never think to score anything but I always love it when I see it. I've got to put that technique to more use. So glad to have you as our guest designer this week!