Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

IO Pretty Flower Vases.....

Image may contain: flower and text

Hello everyone: With Mom's Day approaching, I wanted to add one more card for my stash so, here's this one, hope you like it.


I took my cue from the RETRO RUBBER beautiful inspiration picture so I went looking for these two images from Impression Obsession that fitted this theme perfectly.  The vase on the right is called "Charming Gardens" (2008), the one on the left it's called "Pansies" (2011).  I stamped them on watercolor paper with Stazon black ink and colored with SU markers and a bit of Prismacolor pencils for added detail.
I made a cut on either side of the small vase with an Exacto knife and slid through a piece of pink organza ribbon and taped it in the back. The little round tag was on my box of leftover stuff so I tied it with twine to the ribbon, I like how it looks perfectly sized for this vase.
***********************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


I have this very old Fiskars edge punch and I used it to punch a little detail on the panel, I think the sentiment is from Stampendous but I'm not really sure, it's plain rubber with no label, and the little branch with the nest from IO.

Please join my teammates' and me in the RETRO RUBBER gallery, please remember to use at least one rubber stamp older than a year, if you can provide the approximate date when you purchased it, we would love it.
Please read our rules, they are few but important and,  most of all, have fun creating. 

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

#162 "Anything Goes/Flowers"
Creatalicious Challenges

Challenge #9 "Anything Goes in Mainly Pink"

"Use Ink"
Creative Craft Cottage

#76 "Pastels"

#76 "Flowers"

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.

10 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful. May favorite, favorite detail is the die cut on the interior.

Sonny P. said...

Pretty and so colorful ! You put together a very pretty picture and I love the organdy ribbon detail . Hope you still have all your fingers !!!!

Patti Willey said...

Don't recognize you using these in the past 5 years so they deserve the ink! Very nice stamps here! Your organza ribbon touch is very clever my Favorite is the little bird and nest on the inside!

Leslie Miller said...

These two vases look perfect together and very pretty! I'm thinking I used to have that tall vase, but it might be different. So many stamps have come and gone over the years. I can't possibly store all of them! I love how you wrapped the ribbon around the pansy vase and the little tag is, indeed, the perfect size. So, you loved on some older stamps and used something from your spare parts at the same time!

lichazul said...

es una tarjeta muy femenina y adorable
me encantaron esos sellos !!
felicitaciones
abrazos scraperos desde Chile

Tone K. said...

Very pretty card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious :)

Stephanie Klein said...

This card is so lovely! Thank you for joining us over at the Bastel-Traum Challenge Blog. Hugs, Stéphanie (bastel-traum DT)

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, I love these two stamps together! Beautifully coloured as aways, I bet the recipient really loved it, beautiful Mother's Day card. Cx

MadeByMeghanK said...

This is beautiful! And I love your blog name! I'm an Ironman (woman) and an ultrarunner.... crafting is my rest day activity! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage! -DT Meghan Kennihan (http://madebymeghank.blogspot.com)

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional flowers” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…