Followers

Monday, June 17, 2019

Finally!!! My Bee Twofers.....



Hello everyone: Well, the Twofer Card Challenge #17 is all about BEES, these little marvels of Nature so, I was astonished that I didn't have more bee images to work with for this challenge.
I finally made up my mind and used a retired SU set called "Just Buzzing By".
Here are my cards together.


My first card: Stamped the images on Canson Mixed Media paper with Stazon black ink and colored them with Prismacolor pencils. I replaced the sign on the door of the hive by stamping it again, masking the "Hive Sweet Hive" words and replacing them with a handwritten "Welcome Home" ones, making this card a welcome home card.


******************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called "On the Porch", the jar of Honey is from the Bee set.

This is my Twofer.


On this card I used the same little bees and a few images from other sets.
The banner is from an old Flourishes set called "Smore Fun", the gifts are from another retired Flourishes set called "All Wrapped Up!", the Jar is from the bee set. I sponged a bit of Hello Honey ink using a beehive stencil.
Everything is colored with Prismacolor pencils.
********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment and flower are from the Bee set.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.










5 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Great thinking turning your first card into a Welcome Home card you sure know how to use your stash to whip up some amazing cards!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, good heavens, Maria, these are both adorable! You had a very cute bee set after all and you put it to good use. I love the welcome home card with the cozy little hive, and it's so FUN that you made the second one into a birthday party! I knew you'd make something awesome for this month's challenge. You always do! Thanks for joining us at Twofer!

Sonny P. said...

Too cute ! That is TWO cute ...giggle ! love the bees and their hive /home .
really cute cards.

Darnell said...

First, Maria, I have to say that your printing is excellent! I never would have known that wasn't a Welcome Home stamp! Those bees are the cutest! The whole beehive home scene is darling! And I love the birthday party scene you created so well from the background stenciling to the colors and shadows to the wonderful matting! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Both cards are ADORABLE, Maria!! Love your sweet honey bees ... the expressions on their faces is priceless!! Your first design the the beehive and welcome home sign is just the cutest. Great colouring with your pencils! The Happy Birthday card is also adorable and so colourful with the stach of presents and fun banner. I especially love the bee who is clicking his heels on the presents! :) These cards make me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!