Followers

Monday, July 1, 2019

Please, be Square.....

Image may contain: text

Hello everyone: Welcome to another challenge over at RETRO RUBBER.
This time around we are partnering with the fabulous DOUBLE TROUBLE CHALLENGE, we hope you come along and play with us.
Our theme is "Christmas in July" so, let us forget for a bit the Summer Heat and think of snow, Santa, Christmas Trees, lots of gifts and all the other good things that are related with this most Wonderful Time of the Year.
This is the card I made to inspire you to play along.


These sweet looking images and the sentiment are from an old and retired Flourishes set called "Sweets of the Seasons" (2010). I die cut 4 pieces of Bristol Vellum watercolor paper, (it's a bit thinner and die cuts well), with the "Fleur de Lis" die set from Spellbinders and stamped my images with Stazon black ink and I colored them with Prismacolor pencils. I also cut 4 squares of Gold Glimmer paper for a bit of bling behind the images.

********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The Snowflakes and the little mittens are from a retired Flourishes set called "Warm Winter Wishes" (2010), the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Poinsettia.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.



All of us hope you come and play along with the RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE and the DOUBLE TROUBLE CHALLENGE.
Please remember to read the rules on both our challenges to be eligible for the prize. 
Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.  





6 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Maria, really love how you really took advantage of the "Be Square" at Double Trouble...all those square of Christmas goodies...fun card. Hope you share this card with us at Double Trouble and enter your "Be Square" card. We've missed you on more recent challenges at Double Trouble...please don't forget about us at future Thing 1, 2 and 3 challenges.

lostinpaper said...

I have a similar Flourishes set (which I forgot I had eek) and love these 'vintage' style images. And I Love your idea to highlight 3 plus a sentiment in a block style on your beautiful card, now you have me looking forward to Chrismtas... but maybe that's because we will be back into Summer by then lol!

Leslie Miller said...

These images are perfect for your card and the two challenges! So cute! The Fleur de Lis on gold gives such a cool look to the squares. I love how you're using your old Flourishes stamps. Never too soon for Christmas cards. I need to get busy and make some more.

Sonny P. said...

How adorable !! Love it ! Your squares are just the cutest and so so colorful !

Melanie R said...

Great card, Maria! All those fabulous squares filled with cheerful images brought a smile to my face. Love it. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge #32.

Claire Grantham said...

This is amazing Maria!! I love your little square scenes, all coming together to create the prettiest card. LOVE your colouring too. You are really good with pencils. I am not. LOL. Claire x