Followers

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Bookmarks at Tag You're It!

Hello everyone: I have a quick post to share today, I've been busy doing some much needed basement updating, cleaning and sorting things down there, putting stuff in boxes to be donated, I finally broke the barrier of wanting to keep my grandchildren's toys, books, etc., I feel like I was holding on to their babyhood and childhood, especially now that they are 21, 19, 16, 15 and 12.


This "pace saver" like I like to call them, was created with an image from a 2012 Flourishes set called "From the Desk Off.....", I cut the tag with a die set from Papertray Ink called "Half and Half", (I tried to get a link again to the store but that is the only one I found), I stamped the images and colored them with Prismacolor pencils. The sentiment is a combination of a Power Poppy set called "Springtime Love", I inked the words "I Heart" with markers and then stamped the word "books" with an Avery Elle alphabet set.
The book I have in this picture is a beautiful one, it's called "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach and it's full of inspiring and truly comforting short stories for each and every day of the year.  I love it because all you need to do is look for the date of the day you are living and you'll have a wonderful passage to relax you and reassure you, I have in on my nightstand and I pick it up once in a while when I need to feel things will be ok.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Steampunk or Ribbon and Lace.
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog

Brown Sugar Challenge
Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs,
Maria.

8 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

I love this tag and it's perfect for our ribbon or lace technique at The Crafter's Cafe. Thanks for joining us!

Brian King said...

Such fun! This tag is a perfect partner with this book. ♥

Leslie Miller said...

A perfect image for your bookmark! Love how you did the sentiment. You sure got those letters on there nice and straight! I have that book, too, and have read it all the way through.

Vikki H said...

Sweet bookmark for that special book!

cass said...

Great bookmark. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Steampunk or Ribbon and Lace" challenge.

Alina Florea said...

Very pretty and elegant! Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge, hugs Alina DT

Sonny P said...

I heart books and I heart your cute bookmark too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the bit of detail on the bottom, I should make more bookmarks, been too long! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.