Followers

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Let it Snow.....Please!!!!!

Image may contain: outdoor, possible text that says 'Retro Rubber Challenge #126 it's cold outside! make a winter themed card) January 14, 2020 January 24, 2020 theme challenge #rrcb126'

Hello everyone: Well, I'm back after a really long absence due to some sad and difficult family situations. But it's 2020!!! so my only resolution is to make this year so much better than the last.
My dear friends at RETRO RUBBER have been ever so patient with me, giving me some time to recharge and for that, I'm so very grateful, but like I said, it's a New Year and with that comes the very first challenge of 2020 so I hope you come by our challenge blog and get some inspiration from my amazing teammates, here's mine.



This "Winter" has been anything but, we haven't gotten any significant snowfall since I can't remember when, only little dustings here and there but nothing to make a snowman or have a snowball fight, so I'm wishing for a couple of inches, you know, just for the fun of it.
This is a very simple card, I'm trying to ease my way back into the crafting mode, so I just grabbed my snowflake dies and cut out a few, cut a panel of white card stock with a set of wavy dies, stamped the sentiment from Power Poppy's "Snow Kissed" stamp set (2017) and added a few enamel dots and Rhine Stones for some bling.

********************************************************* 

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Warm Winter Wishes" (12/2010) and the little bird playing with a "bunch of snowflakes" is from a SU set called "Snow Much Fun" (2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog).

So I hope you come and join my teammates and me at the RETRO RUBBERchallenge gallery for our first challenge of 2020.
Make sure at least one of the stamps you use on your card is OLDER THAN ONE YEAR, and if you know the year of its release or when you bought it, we would love to know.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Cut It Up Challenge #191 "Snow Much Fun"

CAS on Friday Challenge #171 "Winter"

Crazy 4 Challenges #517 "Summer or Winter"

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.






13 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Good to see your cards in the NEW YEAR ! This one is a cutie with those perky snow flakes !

Rachelle Oltean said...

This is such a pretty card and I really like the angled layout on the card front! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cut It Up! Challenge Blog and glad that you are able to start crafting again! : )
Rachelle - DT@CIU

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely to have you back on board, Maria. :-)
I like the snowflakes on such a clear blue-sky kind of blue. They look like a river of snowflakes.

Hilda Burton said...

So sorry to hear about your family's sad issues. May 2020 be a much better year for your entire family. I really like your card with the split front of snowflakes and the sweet sentiment inside. Glad you're back in the swing.

Neva Cole said...

What a great card that came together with some beautiful elements. I may have to CASE this design! Hugs as you negotiate the new normal in you family.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous colors! That blue is brilliant! We've had unseasonably warm weather here, too! We don't expect snow, but...shorts and t-shirts in January?!

Mary Fish said...

Glad to have you back and love that you see 2020 as a fresh start! Beautiful card and adore the curvy cuts!

Patti Willey said...

Welcome Home Maria! I hope you'll find enough snow to throw around real soon, Winter isn't over yet! Your cool Snowflake Card might be just what Nature needed in your area for inspiration! Love those die cuts!

Stampin with Liz Design said...

No snow here either this winter, but I do enjoy your winter card! Love the blue colour you've used! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Friday! Crafty hugs Linda

Leslie Miller said...

You made it simple and you ended up with a very pretty card! I do especially love the bird and snowball inside -- tee hee! Maria, I hope 2020 is a much better year for you. I know there were some tough times lately. I hope it snows for you, too. Hugs!

Claire Grantham said...

Happy New Year!! Love your card Maria, really cool the descending sizes of your snowflakes, that are poppin' against that background. Cx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I wish you a happy 2020 and plenty of snow to enjoy.

Your card is lovely. To me, it looks like a few flakes are falling onto a river. Very peaceful!

Thanks for sharing your Snow Much Fun project with us at Cut it Up.

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card! I love the bright blue. Great design too.
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma