Followers

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

An Apple a Day...........

Hello everyone: Well, it looks like it's going to be another gray and cold day up here in the Midwest, but well......it's February so I guess it's expected.
I shouldn't complain, we haven't had a whole lot of snow and, so far, it's been a mild winter but, I'm yearning for Spring, I can't wait to see the first signs that it's finally arriving.
So I have a pair of cards to play along with the Twofer Card Challenge, which is one of my most favorites, the fabulous ladies of the Designer Team never cease to amaze me with their fun themes and awesome inspiration, thank you.

Here's a picture of my cards together.


This is my first card.


This delicious image is from a Power Poppy set called Farmers Market.
I stamped it on Strathmore Bristol paper with Versafine black ink, clear heat embossed it and colored it with Windsor&Newton watercolor markers, then fussy cut it.
The pattern papers are from a retired line from Lili of the Valley.
The sentiment on the top is from an old Flourishes set called "From the Garden", (designed by Marcella Hawley)
the sentiment on the bottom is from an old "There She Goes" set called "Wrapped in Joy".
*********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Short Stacks, the apples are from the "Farmers Market" set.

**************************************************
This is my Twofer.



I used the same apple stamp from the "Farmers Market" set and colored it with the Windsor&Newton markers, I fussy cut it again.
The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Tea in the Garden.

This is how the INSIDE of this card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Daffodils, the mug with aromatic apple-cinnamon tea is from an old Flourishes set called "Apple of my Eye", (designed by Marcella Hawley)

I want to play along with the following challenges.



Crafty Sentiment Designs
Use RED challenge.
Crafty Sentiments Designs




10 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Oh my goodness ! I love your apples ! Red Delicious and Granny Smiths ...YUM ! Such pretty coloring . You did these apples proud !

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful apple cards, Maria! Especially love the patchwork looking one!! Great twofer!

Mary Fish said...

farm fresh and fabulous

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, what a great image choice for the Twofer challenge! You did such a beautiful job with your coloring and cute papers. Very down home and delicious, Maria!

oldpunca said...

I like your red apples as much as green ones. :-) You've created amazing twofer.
Hugs, Sonja

Anita in France said...

Green or red apples, Maria, your colouring is fabulous! Two great designs with the boxes of apples wonderfully complemented with the pp and delicately edged die cuts! Love how you take your designs to the inside of your cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Darnell said...

These cards are all about being healthy and cheerful, Maria! I love that you have featured both red apples and green apples for your great designs, color schemes, pretty pp, and lovely layers! And I love the bows and insides on both, too! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

Those apples look delicious, Maria! Both designs are beautiful, inside and out! Your coloring is beautiful too! I love the country feel of your birthday card with the patchwork pp and the lacy borders. The brown/green/cream colors are wonderful together on your Get Well card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Bunny said...

Both cards are lovely. What a change just the color makes. [Bunny]

inkblocks said...

Both beautiful cards! Love how you changed up the color to make them feel completely different and still cohesive. Anyone would be lucky to receive such well-thought out designs inside and out. :o) Blessings! Nancy