Followers

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

I'm Here For You!!!!!!!

Hello everyone: I hope all of you are doing well, I know I say it every time I post here but it's my most heartfelt wish, stay healthy and safe, please.

Anyway, when this whole pandemic started, there was not one roll of toilet paper to be found, and I mean it!!! People ran to the stores and clear up the shelves, thank goodness it's not like that anymore, but my daughter next door and I shared some rolls when we were in dire need.
So here's a card I just made to remind all of us to help each other when possible.


This little rat is from a Katzelkraft set called Les Rats de Ville and they are hilarious!! This one can hold a few things in her hand so it's great for a lot of occasions.  The toilet paper roll was drawn by hand on heavy watercolor paper to give it some texture, I brought a roll to my craft room to look at it but it took me a few attempts to get it right because I wanted it to look kind of real, LOL!! I was going to make it with a straight edge at the end but I think torn looks better. It's a bit wonky on the top, I don't know why I just couldn't draw a straight line, sheeesh!! 
My rat was stamped with Stazon black ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils, the sentiment is written by hand.

*****************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Daffodils, which happens to be on sale right now, absolutely gorgeous images.

I want to play along with the following challenges.

Challenge #14 World Rat Day
Day of the Month Card Club

Challenge #183
 


Challenge #53 "Furry Friends"
Unicorn Challenge Blog

Challenge #128 "CAS or Fully Loaded"
Creative Craft Cottage

Thank you for stopping by today.
Please stay healthy and safe.
Cyber Hugs.
Maria.

10 comments:

Sonny P. said...

How funny ! BUT SO TRUE !! I was thinking what a great Mother`s Day gift ….A 4 roll pack !! GIGGLE !
Love your artistry work on the roll !

Nancy said...

I love this card and love that you drew the toilet paper roll too! I am ere for you is the perfect greeting in the inside! Thanks for playing along this week at Just Us Girls and please stay safe.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word!! So cute and funny, but at the same time so sweet! I think your TP roll is perfect! Fantastic, Maria! I sure hope the crazy ridiculous TP hoarding frenzy is over, sheesh!

Bobby said...

Your card gave me such a chuckle, Maria. Great job with the toilet paper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Darnell said...

This is the BEST, Maria! You did a perfect job drawing that roll of tp and I like it torn like that. It's perfect for the kindly rat to hold in these crazy times!! Take care and keep safe!! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a delight! Awesome toilet paper roll!It looks totally real! And they often are a little crooked in real life, so that adds to its charm! Glad your toilet paper situation improved! It would have not occurred to me to hoard toilet paper - after all its a respiratory virus.... So glad you joined in the fun at DotMCC! See you next months hopefully!

papierelle said...

Thanks for asking, but we don't need toilet paper ... The rat has bought a little too much and no longer knows where to put so much toilet paper ... *smile. Very funny card and thank you so much for playing again at DotMCC. Gundi

Ellen said...

Hilarious! Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Rosmarie said...

Oh, I think your toilet paper roll looks quite real, Maria!! Anyway, that's a perfect description of the situation a few weeks ago, and fortunately it's calmed down! - I can well imagine how people would have fought for toilet paper in supermarkets! Thank you so much for playing with us at DotMCC! ...maybe see you soon! Rosi x

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful. Love the way you made it so topical!
Cath x