Followers

Monday, April 20, 2020

World Rat Day!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone: I hope all of you are doing well, staying indoors and being careful if you go out, please be safe.

So, most of you know I love little mice, not inside my house but, definitely love seeing them out there among the bushes, running from the bird feeders to their little burrows underneath the brush.
Rats, on the other hand..........well, let me put it this way..........the only ones I love are the Les Rats de Ville from Katzelkraft, no questions asked.


I used the VIDEO TUTORIAL from the fabulous Therese Calvird (her blog's name is Lost in Paper), once I found a big enough acrylic stamp to stamp my reverse image, it was easy peasy.
I colored my rats with Prismacolor pencils, the field of flowers are from Art Impressions, (I forgot the name), the word "sending" is from another set from Art Impressions called Doggie Kisses, sooo cute!!
The sentiment on the banner was handwritten.😁

******************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


Both sentiments are from a Power Poppy set called "Serene Scenes", this is a Christmas set but these sentiments are perfect for this card.
The worried looking rat at the bottom is also from the Katzelkraft set.

I want to play along with the following challenges.

"World Rat Day"
Day of the Month Card Club

Thank you for stopping by today.
Stay healthy, safe and keep on crafting.
XO
Maria.


7 comments:

Sonny P. said...

CUTE ! How perfect ! I received a card from a swap friend last year for Elephant Day !!! Where have I been to not know about these special days ??
I love the sentiment

Brian King said...

These guys are adorable, Maria! Happy Rat Day! ♥

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I am totally with you on the rats - the Katzelkraft ones are they only ones I like! Thankfully I don't have rats in my house. Mice yes, occasionally they come in. We just to catch them and release them, but they come right back. Now we kill them.....so sad....Mostly I see them in the NY subway. Fun to watch when you are waiting for a train, LOL! Your little scene is adorable! So clever with the mirror stamping! Thank you so much for playing with us at DotMCC! Hopefully we'll see you next month, too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, this is so great!! Hugs from a safe distance -- brilliant! The rats are perfect for the sentiment and you're so smart to think of it! I watched the video and it's such a cool way to do mirror stamping. Wow! I recently got a mini MISTI and this might be one of the few ways I would actually use it. Thank you for sharing your cute card and the video link, Maria!

Patti Willey said...

Wow Seriously! You took on this challenge with intent! Love the idea of stretching your stamps by making them mirror image I had forgotten all about that technique! Love your clever greeting banner so perfect for this day!

Darnell said...

I'm with you on rats, Maria, and I just love how you mirror-imaged your rat for this awesome and timely design! Love the handwritten sediment and the inside! I hope you are all doing well! Take care and keep safe, my friend! Hugs, Darnell DotMCC GD

Rosmarie said...

Rats are very clever animals and I also admire them for their tightrope walking skills! Otherwise I try to keep them away from the house as much as possible - the year befor last we had a real rat plague! They were walking around in the garden in broad daylight! One of them made it into our cellar and nested there! Luckily it was a male because it took us 3 months and a lot of cunning to catch the guy!
The likeable rats are definitely the ones from Katzelkraft, I totally agree with you! I'm glad you're showing your two cute ones at DotMCC! Thanks for joining us! Rosi x