Followers

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Welcome Autumn!!!!!

 Hello everyone: Every day I pray for you and your families to be well in this very difficult times we're living, please stay healthy, safe and wear your masks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was the day that Autumn officially started, I don't know about you guys but this is my favorite season of the year, I know I've said it before but it's true, I just love everything about it, the colors, the crisp days, apple picking with the grandkids, baking apple pies. 

This is a card to welcome this most beautiful time of the year.


I embossed at piece of Kraft card stock with the retired SU "Birch Trees" embossing folder, then I sponged a little "Spiced Marmalade" and "Peeled Paint" distress inks (Tim Holtz). I stamped the leaves from the retired SU "Vintage Leaves" stamp set (2015-2016) with Versamark ink and gold heat embossed them, I sponged more of the distress inks on them, I made a bow with linnen twine.
I stamped the sentiment from an "Our Daily Bread" set called "Autumn Blessings". I think the company has closed down, I couldn't find this set anywhere.

*****************************************************
This is the INSIDE of the card.


Both the sentiment and the acorns are from the Autumn Blessings set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

I think my card is a combination of Fancy and clean and layered.
I was inspired by all the beautiful leaves.

I turned the sketch on the vertical.

Thank you for stopping by.
Stay healthy, safe and please wear your masks.
XO
Maria.







8 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Maria, what a gorgeous card! Love all of the gold as well as your other fall colors- perfect for reflecting a crisp, Autumn day! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept- we hope you can play along with us again soon :-) P.S. FYI- Our Daily Bread Designs is still in business and has been re-named to Divinity Designs LLC. The set you used has been retired (I have it also) but they have a large selection of stamps available :-)

Leslie Miller said...

I love fall, too, and I love your card which celebrates the season so beautifully. The leaves are amazing with the gold embossing. My favorite leaf set is an old SU set, Autumn Leaf Prints. One of these days I might get a new leaf set, but I still love that one so much. Really nice to use the birch tree embossed background, Maria. This is the earthy, outdoorsy kind of card that appeals so much to me.

Brian King said...

Beautiful colors and gorgeous shine!

Claire said...

The leaves look stunning on this Maria, so much fine detail!

Donna said...

Gorgeous autumn card Maria!

Margreet said...

Beautiful leaves and a great take on the sketch.
Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Debbie said...

Pretty card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.