Followers

Sunday, May 30, 2021

My Little Drummer Boy.

 Hello everyone: I hope you and your families are doing well, taking care of each other and still wearing your masks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DEAR FRIENDS: YOU PROBABLY KNOW BY NOW THAT FEEDBURNER WON'T BE MANAGING EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS STARTING IN JULY SO, MY DEAR FRIEND VIVIEN HODGE, A TEAMMATE FROM "THE FLOWER CHALLENGE" WAS KIND AND SWEET TO HELP ME ADD THE "FOLLOW" TAB THAT IS LOCATED RIGHT UNDER MY TRIATHLON PICTURE. YOU CAN CLICK ON IT AND SIGN UP AS A FOLLOWER.

I MUST CONFESS THAT I REALLY DON'T LIKE THESE CHANGES, I'M VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THE WAY THINGS WERE BUT, LIKE WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE, CHANGES HAPPEN.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My almost 14 year old grandson, Steven Michael was recently awarded "Most Accomplished and Dedicated Band Member" at his Middle School, he plays the drums.    

So this is a card I made to congratulate my sweet grandson, we feel so blessed and grateful to have our grandchildren in our lives from the moment they were born.



This is the INSIDE.


This is a quote I found on the internet, I attached it to the inside flap of the card.


And this is what I used.

The image is from the Internet, it's just the black silhouette of the drummer, I added gold paint to the edges of the drum set, I punched out the front of the big drum and replaced it with gold glimmer paper.
The "rays" around this drummer are also cut from glimmer paper, the initials of Steven Michael's name are die cut from blue foil paper.  The school colors at Steven's school are blue and white.
The quote on the inside is also from the Internet, I really love what it says.
As many of you know already, it's really, really hard to create cards for teenage boys, so I'm happy to have an abundance of images and quotes from famous drummers to help me make cards that are suitable for this amazing young man.

I want to play with these challenges.


"Show Sparkle"

Thank you for stopping by today. 
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.



 









6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a wonderful tribute to your grandson. Congratulations to Steven Michael. What an accomplishment. Hard work pays off. I know you are so proud of Steven.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I'm sure he will be so pleased to receive this personalised card with all the love that has gone in to it. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

brenda said...

It's sounds like the perfect image for your Grandson, sure he will love it, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Mervi said...

So it is a perfect card, fabulous one.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sonny Peterson said...

What a fantastic award ! Yay for him ! Plus look at the special card you made for hum . It is just great !
Congrats Steven Michael (who is just 14 years old ! WOW !!! )

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is fantastic, Maria! I love how you dressed up the image. It's a very special card for your accomplished grandson!