Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Knitting Comfort.

Hello everyone: I hope and pray you and your family are doing well, taking care of each other and staying healthy and safe.

***********************************


I just love sketch challenges, especially when my teammate Claire Grantham, from the RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE BLOG is the one designing them, this one is no exception.

Here's the card I created to inspire you to play along with us.


********************************************************

This is the inside.


My card is created with one of my most endearing images from a retired Flourishes set called "Stitched for You" (2012), I love this set because every single image reminds me of my sweet, amazing Maternal Grandma, she's the one who thought me how to knit, crochet and cross-stitch, I love her and miss her every single day. 

The images on this card were colored with Windsor&Newton watercolor markers.

I created my own DSP using the Stampin' Up! set called Artistically Inked, I love the watercolor look of these stamps. I used the long one to stamp my paper using two different shades of green, I added some gold accents to the images with a small brush, I think it came out pretty good, don't you think?

Here is a picture of my DSP.

I'm having lots of fun with this awesome stamp set, I'm going to create more DSP using other color combinations, I just love the way it turned out.

So, I hope you come over and check out the RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE BLOG  and get more inspiration from my fabulous teammates, we can't wait to see what you create.

Please keep in mind that the stamps you use MUST BE OLDER THAN ONE YEAR, I'm sure that, if you are like me, you must definitely have older stamps that you just can't get rid of, am I right?😉😊

Till next time, stay healthy and safe.

XO

Maria.











7 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Storybook creativity, Mary!

Sonny Peterson said...

Oh how pretty is your image ! Love your artsy paper you created !
You may have to start your own line of art design paper !
What fun !!

Patti Willey said...

Lovin the color pallet and knitting images what special memories of Grandma keep them in your heart always!

Leslie Miller said...

That's the cutest stamp set which I never had, but I do have the digi from Power Poppy. I absolutely love your card! Cute sketch which I'm pinning. I love how you managed it with the circle overlapping. Cute little charm on the cord. The quilted panel is perfect with the knitting image and, again, I'm in love with your gorgeous hand-stamped background panel!

Kathy said...

Just love it all, the details, the colors the image--perfect for this sketch

Carol L said...

Your beautiful card also reminds me of my loving grandma who crocheted all her life and made many beautiful things I still use and treasure. The background paper looks wonderful with that combo of colors and I love the quilted panel with the added charm! This is a gorgeous creation!

Jan Clothier said...

Great DIY DSP - that is one of my favourite sets. Your warm, crafty centre piece is so comforting and, as always, fabulous colouring. It's been lovely to be on the team with you.