Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Let's Use Our Border Punches or Dies......

 Hello everyone: I'm always hoping and praying you and your families are doing well, keeping each other healthy and safe.

**************************************************

The SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge for the next 10 days is all about BORDER PUNCHES AND/DIES, and this really made me go look at my stash of dies so, this is the card I created to inspire you to play along.

****************************************************

This is the inside.


And this is what I used.

"Quite Curvy" die set from Stampin' Up! (2020-retired)

Power Poppy "Tea in the Garden" Cake. (2016)

Power Poppy "Short Stacks" (2015) inside sentiment.

My Favorite Things "Santa's Elves" for the little gift.

Hero Arts "Be Happy Today" for the balloon.


I hope you come and join my teammates and me in the SHOPPING OUR STASH Gallery, I'm sure you have lots of border dies or punches to play with, we can't wait to see what you create.

Please, stay healthy and safe.

XO
Maria.

PS.- I forgot to explain how I got the pattern paper between the die cuts so, this is how I did it.  I didn't want the paper to show through the holes on the die-cut borders so, I glued the corners first and then, I traced the space between them with Vellum paper, cut this piece and traced the edge onto the pattern paper, then cut it out, sounds complicated but it's really not.





5 comments:

dj said...

Curvy borders...brilliant idea!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "across the borders" challenge over at SOS!!

Barbara Godden said...

Love how you did the curvy borders and the patterned paper is perfect. Yummy looking cake too. as always the inside is gorgeous too.

lauren bergold said...

what a clever way to use those super curvy borders... which definitely live up to their name! love it, maria!

AlisonC said...

A fun card with so much going on, Delicious looking cake, pretty papers and a clever way of cutting away the unwanted paper. x

Leslie Miller said...

Love that Tea in the Garden set. You did fabulous with the design and papers, and great idea for filling in the holes! Fun and pretty, and I want a bite of that cake!