Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Give Me a Ring!!!!!!

Hello everyone: I've been taking a rather long leave of absence since the last weeks of November of last year.  My husband retired and we've been adjusting to this new life in the Rodriguez household.

I'm sure you guys who have a retired hubby can relate.

But now I'm back in my craft room and I'm here today to share my first card of 2023 and also to participate in a few challenges.




 
                                                    This is the inside.
                               

I want to play with:

Inspired By......


I was inspired by the warm and beautiful brown shades of the inspiration photo.
The image I used is from a 2013 Flourishes set called "Call Me", it's one of my favorite sets, all 3 phones on it are so vintage and I recall having one of them in my house when I was about 9 years old, I'm sure some of you remember these types of phones from your childhood, personally, I really missed those times a lot.
The trim is from the bargain bin at Hobby Lobby, I just love the texture and it worked wonderfully for this card.
Thank you for stopping by and for your comments, I hope you have a great week can find some time to create!! 
 Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.



7 comments:

Sonny Peterson said...

Love your card ! The colors are just delightful and your layout is perfect for this vintage phone .
Pretty !

~amy~ said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the color palette!
Thanks for playing along with the Inspired by challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

I always thought this was the cutest Flourishes set and I love it in the vintage browns. Beautiful with your coloring skills. The trim you used is pretty amazing, too. Yes, I know about having a retired hubby. Not just the fun things we do together, but the daily distractions. I wouldn't give up our togetherness for anything, though. It's good to see you today, Maria!

Laurel said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for playing at IB!

Silke Ledlow said...

Maria, your card is just beautiful! I l.o.v.e that you used this awesome Flourishes image...always puts a smile on my face :) !!! Thank you for joining us this week!

TK said...

Warm brown colors - check, and such a fun image -- wonderful card to start off the new year!

Darnell said...

Welcome back, Maria! I've missed you a lot and I'm glad to know you are okay, just adjusting to your new routine. Been there, done that, and it's a BIG adjustment! I love your fun throwback design and great sediment! I miss those times a lot, too! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell