Followers

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

EUNICE!!!!!

Hello blogging friends: I have a fun card to share today made with one of the most hilarious images I've ever seen from Art Impressions called "Santa's Helper Eunice", I mean, just look at her, from the top of her Santa's hat to the tip of her Elf shoes, she is a vision, love her.
I saw a card on Pinterest with this image so, I went looking for the stamp at the Art Impressions online store only to find out this fun image is discontinued, Arghh!! 😢, I don't know why something this fabulous is just gone.  But, I was determined to find it and so I went hunting for it and, as in most cases when I'm looking for discontinued or retired stamps, I went to Ebay and, well.....there she is, Ms. Eunice, looking simply fabulous.


I stamped the image on a piece of watercolor paper and colored it with SU markers, but the hat and the pants were stamped on red cardstock and fussy cut, I was not too happy about how the Real Red marker was behaving on her pants, but I did color her mittens and her shoes with it. The green stripes on her blouse and stockings are done with the Garden Green SU marker, her earrings, the bells on her shoes and mittens were colored with a gold gel pen.  Her face was colored with a "Peach" Crayola Marker that was part of a pack of 24 markers that belonged to my grandchildren when they were little.   The pattern paper is from my stash and so is the ribbon.

*******************************************************************

Here is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Beautiful Season", the little Poinsettia is from a Power Poppy set called Merry Littles 

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Christmas at Sweet Stamping "Anything Christmas Goes"

The Merry Christmas Challenge #9 "Anything Christmas Goes"

Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge #341 "Any Holiday"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

7 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

She is indeed a treasure. I don't suppose Dame Edna Everage is a thing in the USA but in Australia and NZ, that would ring a bell and Eunice is not unlike the comic dame. I'm interested that you used SU markers to colour her - what colours did you use for the skin? She's given me a good giggle, Maria. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Becca Sadler said...

I think my body is going the way of Eunice's!!! Oh, how fun!!! Thanks for linking your Christmas theme card to the any holiday challenge #341 at HIMCR! Becca~DT

Leslie Miller said...

Hahahahahaha! Eunice is a sight for sore eyes! What a treasure! Sometimes you just have to have a stamp, and eBay is a good place to find them. I'm so glad you were able to give her a good home. Gosh, that peach Crayola marker came in handy after all these years. I have to say many of my stamping supplies are at least that old, sheesh. Love the sentiment inside to go with Eunice. The two together are even more of a giggle.

Janis Lewis said...

Great card. Love the sketch you used. Thanks for sharing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

OMG I love this, I am cracking up at that stamp..I am totally wearing my pants that high at some point in my life. Great use of the sketch, love the background paper. Cx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a treasure Maria - that image is a real laugh-out-loud for sure! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Cards By MI said...

A nice and charming card with lovely colours. Well done! Thanks for joining us over at TMCC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie