Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Kindness Matters.....

Hello everyone: The other day my youngest daughter, who happily lives next door to us, ask for 3 birthday cards, two of them for her nieces in law, both adult young ladies and one for her brother in law, who was turning 52 and I said "no problem....." but, there was a problem, I had plenty of cards for ladies but just a couple for men and both of them were for Father's Day so, I had to tweak one of them changing the sentiment and that was it but, this made me realize I really never make cards for guys, I have some sets that I can use for this purpose but I just don't do it so, I will make a sincere effort to create at least one masculine card a week so I can start building up my meager stash. 
Here is this card that I will link up to a few challenges at the end of this post.


This sweet little squirrel stamp has been with me for a long, long time but I rarely use it, I think it's from North Woods but I'm not really sure.  She looks just like the squirrels that run around in my back yard trying to climb the bird feeders even if I do put food for them.
I stamped this image on watercolor paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with Prismacolor pencils, I sponged some Tumbled Glass distress ink for the sky and added a couple of leaves and acorns I colored and fussy cut from a retired SU set called "Gently Falling" that came out back in the 2011-2012 Holiday Catalog, I embossed the background panel with the also retired SU embossing folder called "Woodland", the sentiment is from SU "Kindness Matters" (retired).

*********************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from my stash of unknown quotes, the branch is from the squirrel stamp.

I would like to play with the following challenges.

Double D Challenge "Woodland Creatures"


Inspire Create Challenges #012 "Animals"

Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges #9 Use a stamped image.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

12 comments:

Darlene said...

What a cute image and you've showcased him perfectly! Beautiful card inside & out! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Woodland Creatures’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Barbara said...

This is such a realistic image and it is colored perfectly. Love the twine around the border and the texture. All of that makes for a masculine card. Thanks for sharing in the fun at the Woodland Creatures Challenge at Double D. Hope to see you here again.
Barbara DT Member

Leslie Miller said...

Maria, I absolutely LOVE this! Your squirrel image is beautiful and love how you did the twine. Trying to think if I still have that corner punch. Gorgeous oak leaves and acorns, embossed background. It all really speaks to my heart. I should do more masculine cards, too, or at least maybe some that could go either way. I don't usually have many cards in reserve, but I'm trying to get there. I'm so glad you shared this in our Woodland Creatures challenge at Double D. It's perfect!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card, just LOVE this, featuring all of these wonderful creatures around us. Thanks for entering and showing your beautiful work at our "Woodland Creatures" Challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw.  Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Mary Fish said...

Such lovely coloring and a precious squirrel. Love the customized stamping on the interior!

Diane said...

Fabulous card and perfect for our woodland creatures challenge, thank you for joining us at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges this week.

Vicki said...

Adorable card! The squirrel image is perfect with the oak/acorn corner embellishing. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Woodland Creatures" Challenge.

Liz Yuille - Old Stables Crafts said...

Thank you for playing along with Inspire.Create.Challenge this time. This is such a cute card. Lx

Carol L said...

Great make for a last minute masculine card. Love the squirrel image and the great way you framed him with leaves and berries. Love that sentiment too!

Inspire.Create.Challenge said...

Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges!
x

Patti Willey said...

I don't think I've seen you ink up this squirrel what a great stamp! I love the tree and blossom back ground he's in, this is a fabulous card!