Followers

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Leaves for SOS.....

Hello, blogging friends: Autumn is kind of around the corner, which is fine with me since it's my most favorite Season of the Year. I love the cooler temperatures but most of all, I love the glorious colors on the trees.
The theme over at SHOPPING OUR STASH is LEAVES so here is the card I made to inspire you to come and play along with us.


These leaves were stamped and then heat embossed with gold and copper embossing powder with the "Vintage Leaves" stamp set from the 2015-2016 Stampin' Up! catalog (sadly retired) then I die cut them with the coordinating die set, (also retired😞), I sponged the leaves with distress inks to add color to them.
The panel with the gold design is from SU and the wood pattern paper from MODA SCRAP "WOOD EFFECTS" I adore this amazing paper and the great thing about it is that it's ONE SIDED!! so you don't have to struggle picking what side to use.
The ribbons are from my stash of bits and pieces, I was lucky I had that gold cord in the bag which was just about enough to make a bow, I need to get more, I really love how easy it is to make a bow with it.

*************************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Dahlias", the leaf from the same set.

I hope this card inspires you to come along and play with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, for more inspiration stop by the blog and check out my teammates' beautiful creations.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Southern Girls Challenge "Make your mark with Team Lou"
Southern Girls Challenge

Try it on Tuesday "Inspired by a Song" 
The song that inspired my card is Autumn Leaves by Eva Cassidy.


Cut It Up "Your Favorite Color" Mine are the colors of Autumn.
Cut It Up




Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



19 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Such a beautiful card Maria!

Barbara Godden said...

Those leaves are gorgeous. Beautiful colour on them. Fantastic card.

Jan Clothier said...

Such a rich abundance of glorious leaves here, Maria. They're fabulous! The way you've layered them makes them seem so much more luxurious. Thanks so much for joining in with us at The Paper Players this week.

Mary Fish said...

Totally WOW! fall leaves and design, Maria!

laurie said...

Those leaves are absolutely gorgeous! I just love the inside too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Chana Malkah said...

This is gorgeous, Maria! The heat embossing of the leaves is such an elevating element that brings color, texture, and depth to your design! I just love it!
Hugz,
Chana

Lisa said...

Oh the beautiful colors of fall! My favorite season. Such a wonderful

color combo Maria.

Evelyn said...

My daughter's favorite colors are autumn ones, too. I love driving around and looking at the beautiful fall foliage. Your card is so pretty!

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Your Favorite Color challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

LeAnne said...

All your leaves are just beautiful, Maria! I could feel a touch of fall in the air today when I took my walk! It's coming! Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week and using my color challenge!

Jaydee said...

Fabulous leaf assortment, Maria and the heat embossing is the perfect touch. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players
Jaydee

Meggymay said...

Your autumn leaves look stunning. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

froebelsternchen said...

Such a stunning card!
Itsimply looks amazing😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Have a fun rest of the week! oxo Susi

ScrappyHorses said...

This is such a lovely Autumn card! Great design, dies, colors and that background is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

lauren bergold said...

i am FOR SURE looking forward to cooler temps this year! i just hope the leaves out there irl will be half as pretty as these are! ♥

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card and the Autumn Leaves look stunning embossed with the gold and copper.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
Avril xx

Little Artbee said...

Your lovely card bringe ja a little touch of atumn. Very good Design. I like it much.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - WONDERFUL card!
LOVE your GORGEOUS leaves, such stunning colours and textures!
Thank You for joining our Stamp Your Mark On It challenge at the Southern Girls Challenge :)

Leslie Miller said...

Some of the best SU is retired. My favorite leaf set is a really old retired SU. From the looks of your card I know I would have loved this set. Gorgeous on the wood grain! The colors just glow, and I love the purple mat to set off the other colors. Catching up today, Maria. You've got some pretty things for me to look at!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful! Looks like you gathered leaves from the forest floor.