Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Hello Dahlia.....

Image may contain: text

Hello dear blog friends: The RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE has a new one for you to play with, the theme is "Harvest Time" and here it's this beautiful picture to serve as inspiration for you, whether is the colors, the flowers, the pumpkins or all of it, we can't wait to see your creations in the gallery.
Here's my card, I hope it also inspires you to come and play along.


This image is from an old Flourishes set called "Dahlias" that was released back in July of 2013. This image was illustrated by the fabulous Marcella Hawley and now, she has this very image, revamped in digital form over at the Power Poppy DIGITAL COLLECTION page.
I stamped this image on a die cut piece of Blick Studio Drawing Paper, (love this paper for my Prismacolor pencils) with Stazon black ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils, the sentiment is from a Verve Stamps set called "Bountiful Harvest" released in 2013 (discontinued 😕), I added a bit of gold with the "Gorgeous Grunge" set from SU, also discontinued, the pattern paper from my stash.

**************************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.



The sentiment is from the Dahlia set, the flowers from my stash.

I hope you come and play along with my teammates and I at the RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE, please remember that at least ONE OF THE STAMPS YOU USE NEEDS TO BE OLDER THAN A YEAR, please let us know more or less, how old it is.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You floor me with your Prismacoloring. I can never seem to get this much depth with them, but I still love that they give me a different look from other mediums. I have this stamp as Marcella's digi. It's really beautiful. Love your cheerful autumn colors and the gold Grunge added to the gingham.

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful interpretation of the fall inspiration.

Brian King said...

Beautiful! Your yellows and oranges are always so vivid. <3

Sonny P. said...

So pretty ! Your coloring just adds to what Fall represents with it`s beauty .
Lovely card !

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Maria, your card is just gorgeous - as always. I love your interpretation of the photo inspiration. I can't tell you just how touched I was with your comment! You have been an absolute joy to work with and will always have a special place in my heart. Please keep in touch as you can and know that I will miss you all.

Claire Grantham said...

So pretty, I LOVE the beautiful colours and I like how you have offset the top panel, wonderful Maria. Clairex

Jan Clothier said...

Bright and cheery blooms on a bright and cheery background! You are so the queen of colouring, Maria!

Neva Cole said...

Such a pretty image that is colored oh so well! The layers and asymmetrical design are lovely.