Followers

Monday, March 25, 2019

Just TRI.....

Hello everyone: Each time there is a sketch or a theme where you are asked to do 3 of something, my mind immediately gets flooded with images of the sport I love, TRIATHLON so, it's no surprise that when I saw the challenge theme over at "Less is More" I jumped in with this card.


Triathlon season is starting soon and the granddaughter of one of my Tri friends is doing her first. It's one of the smaller races but it's the perfect way to build confidence, strength, endurance, courage and the mental fortitude to participate in this fabulous sport. This card will be mailed to Debbie a couple of weeks before her race in June, wish I could be there to cheer her on but she lives in Spokane, WA.  So I went looking for a logo I could easily sketch and this one jumped at me, I love the fact the three disciplines are enclosed in a circle, to me, it means the incredible connection between all of them.
With this logo on my screen I used a pencil to lightly sketch the images, they are very simple as you can see, the trick was to create the lines for separating the three spaces so I took a piece of Vellum and traced the lines then, transferred them onto my paper. I sponged a bit of distress inks and filled the images with a black marker.
The word "Just" is from a Power Poppy set called "Everything's Even Rosier", I masked the other word and stamped it.  The word TRI is stamped using the MISTI and a set of letters from Avery Elle.
******************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called "Orchids Rock" and the stars and word a the bottom from a graduation set from Fiskars.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


2 Sisters on the Blog "Make it CAS"

First Triathlon for the granddaughter
of one of my Tri friends.


Love To Craft Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

10 comments:

Brian King said...

Such a cool card and a great combination of multiple stamps to say exactly what you want to say. Love the colors!

Mary Fish said...

diggin' the triathlon vibe, especially since it's personal for you. cool and modern.

LeAnne said...

I KNEW this was your card the moment I saw it in my Feedly gallery! Very cool, and I predict a winner at any one of those challenges!

Sonny P. said...

Perfect ! You made a winner of a card ! Yes, this is your logo for sure !! Big cheers to your friend`s daughter . I know she is so proud of her participation !
Great card ! I know she will love it !!

Michelle W said...

Fabulous card and perfect for our challenge! My husband was a triathlete back in the day, it’s a great sport! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

Wendy Bellino said...

I absolutely love your card and the story behind it. This is just so thoughtful! To make sure you are entered in the JFF "Movement" challenge, something on your card should wiggle, jiggle, slide, roll, flip or fold. Would you share what part of your card moves? Wendy DT JFF Stamps

Patti Willey said...

Oh Wow! Look at this CAS card you rocked it! I know how much these imges mean to you I hope you'll make one to keep in your Studio. Best of luck to Debbie on her first race and let us know if you've one any of these challenges what a great card!

Macimbalo said...

Cool design! Thanks so much for sharing your perfect CAS creation at HLS!

Leslie Miller said...

Your drawing is amazing, Maria, and the sentiment so clever! Absolutely the perfect occasion for the inside sentiment, too. Debbie will really appreciate this card and your thoughtfulness. I love it and she will, too!

Nonni said...

Triathlon, wow... That's tough! Your card is amazing, I really love this design and the images you made. I can really see how it relates to the sport, great thinking behind this! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!