Followers

Monday, March 18, 2019

Stain Glass Jar.....


Hello everyone: I was doing some sprucing up in my craft room over the weekend and I came across this pretty die from Elizabeth Craft called "Ginger Jar", unfortunately, it's sold out but not discontinued so I hope they bring it back, it's really beautiful and you can really do all kinds of combinations with the pieces of this flower and curvy lines. 


I die cut the jar out of gold foil paper and glued it to a piece of watercolor paper, after it dried completely, I colored it with Sakura Koi watercolors.  I left it to dry again and then I filled each section with Glossy Accents to give it that stain glass look. The branches are die cut with a Memory Box die called "Grove Branch", the little flowers are from an Altenew set called Moments in Time, this little flower was so hard to stamp, I don't have a block that small so I grabbed my glue pen and put a mini glue dot on the lid and then, I attached the flower stamp, it worked really well.  The sentiment is from a SU set called "By The Bay".
***************************************************
Here's a close up of the jar so hopefully, you can see the wells filled up with the Glossy Accents.


***************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is stamped with a retired SU set called "Delicate Details", the sentiment is from an Altenew set called Recollections and the little branch from the Moments in Time set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

My choice was die cutting.


                   

Challenge #172 "SPRING"

This is the Ginger Jar die set I used, I looked for it but I think it's discontinued, so sad, it's really beautiful.

  Ginger Jar

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

HELLO, I DON'T HAVE THE WORD VERIFICATION OPTION ON, IT'S TURNED OFF LIKE IT'S ALWAYS BEEN.  I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M GETTING THOSE VERIFICATION PICTURES SO, IF YOU'RE GETTING THEM TOO, I APOLOGIZE.  I HOPE YOU STILL LEAVE ME YOUR LOVELY COMMENTS.
THANK YOU.



16 comments:

Sonny P. said...

This is really pretty . In fact it jars me it`s so pretty ! Tee Hee…
Love your creativity of finding a way to stamp the little flowers .
This is another beauty you can frame !

Mary Fish said...

Gorgeous stained glass style!

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning and unique card. The faux stained glass effect looks fabulous and what a great die cut. Love the branches and those cute little blossoms. Such a striking card, which I love....Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge x

Brian King said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Maria! Such a beautiful treatment of this vase! ♥

Patti Willey said...

Wow! Haven't seen you use this vase gorgeous! What a nice find while rummaging through your stash!

Viv said...

This is so lovely Maria! Amazing what you find when sorting your craft room isn't it. Just love your beautiful vase 😀 hugs Viv xx

Christina said...

I just love how you colored the vase. So sad that it is sold out,now I want one!

Chris Dring said...

I was just posting my card when yours jumped off the page at me. Maria, this is absolutely STUNNING!! WOW!!! That vase is perfect for the faux stained glass technique! Did I say WOW?!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Maria! LOVE your beautiful stained glass ginger jar with the cherry blossom branch. Gorgeous colours and colouring on your jar and so pretty with the gold edging and glossy shine. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Leslie Miller said...

OMW, this is incredibly gorgeous, Maria! You picked the perfect die for the stained glass technique. It looks just as I'd think it should. Wow! The branch die on the front and your branch stamp inside are a perfect match. Love the simplicity of your design. I was thinking today I need to work on CAS for the spring and summer months when we'll be away so much.

Quillish said...

Oh wow, how beautiful and yet so CAS, Love this card. Thank you for playing with us at AAA challenge, hugs ~ Ishani.

Jane said...

That's one very pretty die and it looks stunning in your colours. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with our future challenges too.

Bonnie said...

Your stained glass ginger jar is GORGEOUS, Maria! Wow! What beautiful colors! Love the simple sprig with the tiny flowers and this inside is beautifully finished! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan Joyce said...

Your die cut ginger jar was perfect for the Faux Stained Glass challenge, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous stained glass effect! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

Julie said...

Beautiful card
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps in our spring challenge
Julie T