Followers

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Balloons Galore!!!!!

Hello everyone: It's Twofer Time again!!! Woo Hoo!! so here are the cards I created to play along.
These cards are so very special for me because they are for my two older grandchildren.  Vanessa will be 21 on May 24th. and Gabriel will graduate from High School in June.  I'm amazed at how time has flown and how these beautiful children have grown into amazing, healthy, sweet, talented, and loving young adults, we couldn't be more proud of them and feel so fortunate and blessed to have them in our lives since the day they were born.


I created these cards with very little stamping and hardly any coloring.  I used the retired SU die set called "Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies", I've used it a couple of times before but I don't think I've shared any cards made with it.

*******************************************************


Ok, so this is Vanessa's card.  The balloons are cut from silver foil card stock, I wish they would show up right but you know how difficult is to photograph foil paper. I fussy cut red foil paper to put in the back of the balloons so it would show through. I also die cut the "strings" from scraps of the red foil paper.
The sentiment was stamped on a die cut piece of white card stock using one of the dies from a retired SU set called "Itty Bitty Banners", the word and number were stamped using some of the stamps from a Concord & 9th. called "Happy Day", thank goodness for the MISTI, I finished it off with a pretty red bow.
***************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from my stash and the little cupcake from a Penny Black set called "CUPCAKES".
**************************************************
This is Gabriel's (18) Graduation card.


I used the pop-up die to cut this panel but I used the "Wonky Stitched dies" from Gina Marie to just make a front for my card with black card stock, the balloons and strings were die cut separately from scraps of the red foil paper and then glued to the black balloon base, it took some doing but I'm happy with the results.  I wanted to heat emboss the sentiment in gold but I didn't like it how it looked with the black banner so using a scrap piece of red card stock, I die cut just the banner and cut the strings and then, heat embossed the sentiment, I hope you can see the shine.
The Cap and Diploma I'm not sure I remember where I got them but they sure come in handy for really cool graduation cards.
***********************************************
This is how the INSIDE of this card looks like.


I kept the inside pretty simple, you know how it is with young men's cards, the front is fine with the only bling coming from the red foil card stock.
The stamped frame, the little diploma, and the sentiment are from a bargain bin stamp set from Fiskars, bought some years ago for $1.00, love the fabulous stuff you can find in those bins if you are willing to kind of rummage around a little.

Anyway, there they are, these cards for my grandbabies (sniff, sniff) all grown up now but still, sweet as pie.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Simply Create Too Challenge #147
Anything Goes/Anything for a Male.
The second card is for my Grandson.
Simply Create Too Challenge Blog

Through The Craft Room Door

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.


9 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! These balloons are fantastic! You aced it, Maria, coming up with two different uses for them. Love all the red, and you did a good job photographing the foil paper. Great designs, beautifully made. Love them both! Good to see you over at Twofer. Thanks for coming to play with us!

Patti Willey said...

Oh yes very nice! These two cards fabulous for the special occcasions! Congratulations on Gabriel's Graduation and Vanessa's 21 st Birthday two great days to celebrate!

Darnell said...

These cards are total standouts with all that shimmery gold and read foil, Maria! As they should be for such special occasions in a child's life! Vanessa and Gabriel will both cherish the designs you made! Great idea to back the balloons with the red foil to make them even more festive! And I love all the elements/dies you used for the framing, both outside and inside. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #14! I appreciate your enthusiasm and I share your angst over how fast our sweet grandbabies grow up. :( Hugs, Darnell

Aileen said...

two fabulous shiny bright balloon cards. Love the cardstock used sweetie, looks so eye catching.

Mary Fish said...

What a tremendous artistic celebration! Love how luxe the gold makes everything feel!

Lucy E. said...

I love these festive cards! Those
balloon die cuts are awesome! How proud you must be that your grandchildren are reaching such
important milestones.

Sonny P. said...

WOW ! These are just great for the older GKs . Congrats to Gabe and HB to Vanessa . Thanks for reminding me that I think I have that balloon die in my stash too. I may have to do some CASE work for some birthdays in the near future .
Your foil shows up good ,but I bet it is really special in the real .
I think these cards would be great for any age !

Loll said...

Two very beautiful cards to make two very special occasions, Maria! Love the red foil paper that adds so much shimmer and shine to both cards. Paired with the silvery foil, the birthday card for Vanessa is very special and elegant. Gabriel's grad card is perfect with the black accents and red foil. That grad cap is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

sweet art designs said...

Great choice on papers. The balloons "POP". Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT