Followers

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Beach Babes.....


SOS Headquarters

Hello everyone: My teammates and I at the SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge blog, have a fun challenge for you to play with and it's all about FRIENDSHIP so I hope this card inspires you to come and play along in our gallery.


These sweet and beautiful gals look like they've been friends for years and what can be more fun than to take a vacation to someplace warm with your friends.
Heck, I wish I was sitting there, holding a refreshing beverage, getting a tan and turning heads, LOL!!
This image is from Art Impressions and it's called BEACH BABES, love it.
I stamped it on watercolor paper with Versafine black ink and then clear heat emboss it, I wanted to watercolor it and, as you can see, there are a lot of small areas that might bleed into one another if it wasn't for the little wells that heat embossing creates. I used a set of fine line markers my granddaughter gave me the other day, I love the colors, they are super vibrant.
The yellow background paper was heat embossed in white using one of the stamps on the retired SU set called "Peaceful Petals", the green paper is from my stash. The sentiment is from the AI set, I added a couple of enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.

****************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is from a retired SU set called "Bordering Blooms", the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called "Sassy Succulents". I masked the little glass at the bottom from the fun image on the front of the "Beach Babes" set.
Please stop by the SHOPPING OUR STASH blog to see my teammates' beautiful creations and come and play along in our gallery.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Path of Positivity "Friendship"
Path of Positivity Challenge

Feminine or Girly.

Taking a Leap of Faith  here, I think
I have all the Rainbow colors represented.😉 

Ladies/Girls
Crafty Friends Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

14 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Wow your card is a bright spot on this dull Tuesday!!! Super image and beautifully coloured and the design is fabulous.

Chris Dring said...

I can totally agree with you wanting to be on the beach with these ladies! Fabulous card! Love your design and your coloring of the image is awesome!

Patti Willey said...

Te he he these ladies crack me up! Such a fun card and those new pens proved to be helpful beautiful coloring!

Donna said...

He He He such a fabulous card!
Love those old birds!

Brian King said...

How fun! ♥

Mary Fish said...

Gah! I want to hang out with this girls. Such fun and lovely coloring (as always)!

Sonny P. said...

Looks like a fun group . I would love to join them …(smile)
Great coloring !

Leslie Miller said...

I absolutely LOVE these beach babes and the sentiment! I had a full day of lunch and shopping with a long time good friend today and I can vouch for how important friendships are. Then there are another three of us who always hang out together (reminds me of these babes), and I have another friend who is really more like a sister. There are others I love to get together with, too. They're all important to me. GOT to have friends! I love how you mix and match your stamps, Maria. The white embossed flowers make a nice background on the yellow. The sentiment inside is a perfect companion for the front. Great card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a bright and colourful trio Maria! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

What a fun trio! Love the fun creation an all the coloring! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Ladies/Girls’ theme… good luck in the draw and please join us again.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Chana Malkah said...

Maria, this is a fun and cheery creation. I love the color palette and your image is dead on challenge target!
Hugz,
Chana

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow, wow, wow! You have some serious coloring skills! I loved reading about your creative process here and how you kept the colors from bleeding together, etc. You totally brought this scene to life with the details you added through your coloring job. I also love the color palette, which is happy and refreshing. This whole card came together beautifully and couldn't help but make me smile. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Julie Odil said...

This is as sweet as can be, and perfect for our friendship challenge! Thanks for linking up at Path of Positivity Challenge Blog. Julie, DT