Followers

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tea For Two or Three.....

Image may contain: text

Hello dear blogging friends: It's time for another fun challenge over at the RETRO RUBBER Challenge Blog and it's all about STRIPES, hope you can come and play along with my teammates and me in our gallery.
Here's my inspiration card.


These pretty teacups are from a very old Flourishes set called "Christmas Tea" and it's from back in 2010, love these elegant and beautiful cups.
I stamped them on watercolor paper with Stazon black ink (I finally got a re-inker) and colored them with some shimmer paint. Just the Cardinal is colored with SU "Real Red" marker.
The DSP is also from SU but it's very old and I only had a few scraps, love it, this panel is die cut with a Cross Stitch die from Gina Marie Designs.
The sentiment is from the set. I added some enamel dots for a bit of bling.


**********************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.



The border is a leftover piece from that pretty DSP, the sentiment and the row of cups are from the set.

I hope you find a bit of time to come and play along with us in the gallery of the RETRO RUBBER challenge and don't forget to stop by the blog to check out my teamies awesome creations.
Remember that at least one of your stamps should be OLDER THAN A YEAR and if you could provide an approximate age that would be wonderful.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Simon Says Stamp "Feminine/Girly"

Challenge #350 "Stitching real or faux"
Use Your Stuff

Challenge #200 "Sketchy"

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.



13 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, LOVE those teacups - gorgeous! Your coloring is so fun over your wonderful paper choices! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Sonny P. said...

Love your color choices . What cute little teacups !
Precious card !

Monika Reeck said...

I love your teacups here
so cute and beautiful coloring too
the stripes added other dimension

Great card


Many thanks for using my sketch on our 200th Birthday Callenge at Sunday Stamps.
If you visiting my Blog Post I have giveaway and send to all around the world
for Ladies in the USA my other DT teamie has also giveaway :)
dont miss it
Hugs
Monika

Leslie Miller said...

How fun and pretty, Maria! Love these old teacups which I enjoyed using back in the day. That little bit of striped DP is just enough to enhance the design of your card and it's a perfect match to the blue in your teacup. Once again, some of the oldies are the besties!

Greta said...

The cups are really pretty & I love how you incorporated stripes into the design of your card!

Jan Clothier said...

Your cups are beautiful. And, as always, your colouring is amazing.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful tea cups -- I love how you placed them on the shelf. Perfect! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Loved your split panels with the teacups stacked up in the middle! Just lovely! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Macarena said...

Sweet colors and cute cups tower. Thank you for joining SSS Monday Challenge.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow such a cute card :) and love the cross stitch die too. Thank you for playing along with us over at Use Your Stuff challenge
Tina-DT

Lisa said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining our 200th challenge celebration at Sunday Stamps!

Neva Cole said...

So pretty Maria! The teacup stack is grounded so nicely on the little shelf. As usual your interior is equally pretty.

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, I love that tower of cups, couldn't have that in my house I am SOOO clumsy LOL. Great use of the stripey paper to compliment your pretty cups. Claire x