Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Groovy Christmas Ornament.....

Image may contain: text

Hello everyone: My teammates and I have the ever so popular "Anything Goes" challenge for you this time around so we all hope you can come along and play with us in the RETRO RUBBER gallery.
Some time ago while browsing on Pinterest I came across a card made with something called GROOVI PLATES, I was blown away by the beauty of this card so I Googled it and I found a store with tons of these plates with beautiful designs to create all kinds of cards using Parchment or Vellum paper.
I have a small kit I bought many years ago but this is something totally different and amazing so, I bought THIS PLATE and created this card with it.


So, what are Groovi Plates? They are acrylic squares with Laser Etched images that you can trace using a stylus, you must use either Parchment or thick Vellum or else, you'll pierce the paper.  It's fun, relatively easy and it truly looks amazing. After I traced my image, I colored it on the reverse side with Prismacolor pencils and using the stylus, I shaded the ribbons and the ornament.
I used 4 glue dots on each corner to attach it to the card base and added 4 enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.
The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink using the beautiful "Hand-Penned Holidays" stamp set from Stampin' Up! (from the 2011-2012 Holiday catalog) I heat embossed it in gold.

******************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


I stamped the border using the retired SU set called "Delicate Details", the sentiment is stamped with the "Hand-Penned Holidays" and the little gift in the corner came from a Power Poppy set called " Merry Littles.

I hope you stop by the RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE BLOG to see my teammates' beautiful creations and get inspired to come and play along with us in our gallery.

I would like to play with the following challenges.

Anything Goes Christmas.

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.


5 comments:

Sonny P. said...

So pretty ! Delicate and yet fancy .
These plates must be fun to play with vellum .
Your card is lovely !

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how fun and how PRETTY! I love seeing all your different stamps and here's a special treat today. The technique produces such beautiful results and, look, you got a Christmas card done! The spots of color and the gold embossed sentiment add additional beauty to your card. I've made myself a promise to play in each new Retro Rubber Challenge. We'll see how that goes. I already know what I'll do for this one... now to squeeze it in between other posts. I've been doing a lot of stamping lately!

Patti Willey said...

No kidding! New to me never heard of these plates. I love the color on vellum isn't it amazing we can color on this paper! Beautiful!

ElizStewart said...

Maria... the Groovi technique is so interesting...sounds a little like the old brass stencils that we etched. Love the effect. Thanks so much for the invite this week to Retro Rubber...am truly enjoying the challenges. BTW...thanks for the introduction to two new (to me) Christmas challenges!

Claire Grantham said...

From a distance I thought this was a Squid Maria - like Adam Wallacavage, look him up. I love your card, so clever, that technique is amazing! Cx