Followers

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Riding Pretty.....

Hello everyone: I was supposed to have posted this card yesterday but my hubby is on vacation so, well.....you know, right? I did finish the card but needed to take the pictures and write the post but I couldn't concentrate listening to him trashing around in my kitchen, "fixing lunch", Yikes!!! so I went downstairs and joined him just to keep the dirty dishes to a minimum. 
But anywho, here is my card, inspired by the CASe this Sketch sketch.


Since the beginning of the year, I've been sticking to my resolution of not buying new stamps/dies and just use what I have, there are some things I haven't used in a long time and this set is one of them, although it was not brand new, it was new to me since I bought it from Julie Koerber, "Out to Impress" a few years ago, it came with the dies, all of this for a very affordable price.
I love this bike and the accessories, it's a shame I don't use it more often.
The images of the bike and the flowers were stamped on white card stock, colored with Prismacolor pencils and cut with the dies.
The pattern paper is from my stash, the sentiment from the set.
************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment and image are from the set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Spring or Fall
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog

#155 "Spring Forward"


"Vehicles"
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.

6 comments:

Sonny P. said...

What a cute bike . It looks like the perfect Spring ride to look at all the blooming posies !!
Cute card !

Patti Willey said...

That is a cute card! Let us know if you win one of these challenges with this cutie!

Leslie Miller said...

What a deal! The bike is so pretty and it die cuts very nicely. Really great use of the sketch, too. Whenever I pick up a set and finally start using it I'm always surprised I waited so long, but I've turned over a new leaf. No more waiting! As I've said before, I'm enjoying going on this journey with you!

Jackie C said...

So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ ttph

sandie said...

sounds like my hubby when he tries to cook! You are doing well not buying new stuff-good on you! And why not when you can make a stunning card like this! I adore the design-great use of the sketch. Love the colouring-especially the adorable blue flowers. And what a great match with the paper. Sure is a fun and playful design. Great to see you at Time Out

Jill V said...

Good for you for sticking to your New Year's Resolution - I had the same one but I think that I only lasted a few weeks ;) Your bike is just fabulous and I love how you paired it with some DP for a really fun design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill