Followers

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Amethyst Deceiver.....

Hello, dear blogging friends: Well, this is the 4th. day of Spring Showers up here in the MidWest and, although I know they bring May Flowers, I wish they would stop for a bit to allow the ground to soak up all that water.
Anyway, here's a card I made with a really awesome Power Poppy stamp set called Wild Mushrooms.  I Google'd the name of this particular variety and they exist in all shades of PURPLE, which happens to be my favorite color.
Here's my card.


And here's a picture of the actual mushroom which Botanical name is "Laccaria Amethystine" or Amethyst Deceiver.

Laccaria amethystina - Amethyst Deceiver

How amazing are these?
My little mushrooms were stamped on a piece of watercolor paper with Shaded Lilac distress ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils. I used all 3 shades of Purple plus the Violet-Blue pencil, I see a hint of this color on this beauties.
The papers are from my stash, the sentiment from the set.

****************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from the set and the little mushroom from another Power Poppy set called Natural Beauties.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Creative Confetti "Sketch it Out"


Challenge #173 "Lots of Layers"
addicted-to-stamps-challenge

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.


7 comments:

Mary Fish said...

your inspiration is spot on, Maria!

Sonny P. said...

Well, I did not know there were purple mushrooms . You have become an educational blog along with your creative artistry !!
Pretty !

Nancy said...

Those mushrooms are so cool! Your card portrayed them perfectly!! You have great coloring skills. So happy you joined us this week at Just Us Girls.

Patti Willey said...

Wow! I've never heard of a purple mushroom you've researched this and colored it up perfectly! What a pretty card!

Leslie Miller said...

We're on the same wavelength, Maria. I have this set out to color one of the spring images in it. I love mushrooms! I thought it would be fun to color this one, too, because you can use that pretty amethyst. I didn't know purple was your favorite color. Making a note. It's a beautiful card and fun to see. Nice use of the sketch!

Darnell said...

How cool is that? I have never even heard of purple mushrooms! I've heard of purple potatoes, so why not! Your card is fabulous, Maria, and I love the inside, too, with that itty-bitty purple mushroom! I'm hoping you get some sunny days - or at least some sunny hours - soon!! Hugs, Darnell

Julie Koerber said...

How incredibly sweet Maria! Who knew that these mushrooms came in purple! Too fun! ❤