Followers

Friday, May 3, 2019

Turquoise.....

Hello everyone: I have a CAS card to share today, it was quite easy to finish and I'm really loving the "golden" effect I get when I clear heat emboss my images using Antique Linen Distress Ink.


This image is from an Altenew set called Golden Garden
I must apologize for the darkness on this picture, our skies are again very overcast and my flash was not cooperating😒
I stamped the flower and the butterfly (from SU Serene Garden) on watercolor paper with Antique Linen distress ink and clear heat embossed it and like I said, this gives the ink a golden tone, soft and really pretty.
Then I colored the images with Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagon distress inks, I gave them a bit of detail with Prismacolor pencils.
The leaves were colored with Peeled Paint and shaded with Prismacolors.
The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips.
**********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Potted Primroses, the border from SU "Delicate Details" and the little bud from the Altenew set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.



#226 "Feminine+a Sentiment
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog

Challenge #96 "Floral"
Moving Along With The Times

#156 "I've Got The Blues"
Through The Purple  Haze Challenges

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.

6 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Pretty ! How fascinating about the Linen Ink becoming golden after heating to emboss !! Really adds so much to the flower .
Lovely card !

Patti Willey said...

Gotta say I did not know the Linen gent gold either after embossing with clear. Looks beautiful! Hope you see sunshine soon! (Me too)

Leslie Miller said...

I have to remember to try that with my Antique Linen! It's such a pretty look and really nice with your turquoise flower. Love the simplicity of your design. In the past I would ink up a stamp with Versamark and then straight to a colored ink pad, then clear emboss. I forgot about that till just now. It works great! Thanks for the reminder, Maria!

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT xxxx

ElizStewart said...

Maria...your turquoise flower is stellar. Thanks for the tip on clear embossing antique linen! You are right the effect is great. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week.

Deidre said...

Maria, I love the simplicity of your flower, because the coloring is wonderful! And cool trick with the ink and embossing powder. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!