Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Morchella Vulgaris.....

Hello everyone: Well, this is a very late post for me, I usually post in the mornings but today one thing came after another at home, you know how it is sometimes, right?
But anywho, here's another Mushroom card that I hope you'll like, this particular variety is called Morel or Morchella Vulgaris from the Power Poppy set called Wild Mushrooms


This is a picture of the real thing.
Image result for morel mushrooms pictures

These are so beautiful, don't you think?
I stamped my Morels on a piece of watercolor paper with Baked Brown Sugar ink from SU (retired ink pad but still works ok.) and colored it with Derwent watercolor pencils, a little bit of a SU "River Rock" marker and Prismacolors for adding shadows and detail.
The set has the coordinating dies but I don't have it so I just fussy cut the image.
I added some pattern paper from my stash and embossed the dark brown card stock with a Tim Holtz embossing folder, hope you can see the detail on this beautiful image of a tree trunk.
The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Short Stacks.
*****************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Everything's Even Rosier and leaves are from another Power Poppy set called Feeling Fall.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Anything Goes
The Crafty Addicts

"Wood"
Everybody-Art-Challenge

Got my inspiration from the colors of the table and frames.

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like it! You made this look incredible, Maria! Love how you colored the Morels so they look so dimensional. I also like it on the wood grain embossed panel with botanical patterned paper. Great use of the sketch. This is the particular stamp I was wanting to color. So many projects going on right now that I wonder if I'll get it done before summer. Sheesh!

Claire Broadwater said...

My Daddy used to hunt for morels in the Spring. They are delicious. I love the texture and your coloring! Such a fabulous creation! So happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Sonny P. said...

Well, another mushroom reveal. This is an interesting one I must say . I am really lacking in knowledge about these interesting edibles . You brought this one to life with your coloring !
Great card !

Wanda Cullen said...

This really caught my eye since I used to hunt for morels as a young girl with my parents! They were so delicious! Your card is lovely and I'm thrilled you were able to play along with us at Paper Players!

Patti Willey said...

Pretty cool mushrooms! You colored them just as lifelike as your photograph! Love the sweet little violets on they base of them too! I zoomed in on your Tim Holtz ef and it's gorgeous! Great card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such an awesome card and I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Creations in paper said...

Great card! Love all the details and texture you added. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

Robbie