Followers

Friday, May 17, 2019

Choose Joy!!!!!

Hello everyone: Some years ago, my aunt Norma (on my hubby's side) gifted me with about 25 amazing, plain red rubber Fairy stamps. She found them at a thrift store in a cardboard box, dirty and abandoned so, knowing how much I love Faeries, she bought the whole lot for about $10.00
Almost all of them have never been inked up, just about 5 had some ink stains so, after I washed them and dry them really well, I started stamping the images and let me tell you, all of them were stunning.
I've used them several times, you can check a few HEREHEREHERE, and HERE, can you see why I just adore these stamps?
Among them, there was this particular one of a fledgling Dragon, I think it's just so darling and so sweet.


I stamped this cutie on a piece of watercolor paper with Stazon black ink and colored with a bit of Sakura Koi purples and added shading with Prismacolor pencils. I also added a bit of gold paint to its wings, I sure hope you can see it.
I sponged the sky and the mountains with Distress Inks and used a stencil I made with some edge dies, it seems this little Dragon is looking out into the Horizon and might take flight at any moment.
******************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like. 


The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Orchids" and it's my favorite to add when I make Fairy cards. The little fairy in the corner is from the bargain bin at Michael's.
I'm playing along with the following challenges.


May Challenge/Anything Goes.
The fairy and the unicorn

"Sparkle, Shimmer and Shine"
I added gold shimmer paint to the wings.
Southern Girls Challenge

"Animals"

#116 "The Color Purple"
My little Dragon is PURPLE.
Sparkles Monthly Challenges

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day
Hugs.
Maria💐

5 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Adorable ! He is the sweetest dragon in the kingdom !! I love your saying inside of your card . I have that on my fridge !!
Cute cute card !

Brian King said...

Such a fun image - so beautifully colored.

Leslie Miller said...

He looks like he's contemplating what to do, and your sentiment tells him to choose joy. So, yes, I'd say he's about to take off because for a dragon that would be a joyful choice. You've made many beautiful fairy cards from that box of treasures. What a thoughtful gift from your aunt. Nice that this dragon was included. I do see the gold on his wings and it's very pretty!

Dawn Phillips said...

This is stunning, and so are your fairy cards. You were so lucky to get such a fabulous set. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo