Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Twofer Challenge # 16.....Wheels!!!!!

Hello everyone: I've been participating in the Twofer Challenge since the very first one they launched and, after a bit of a rough start because I didn't understand the purpose of it, now I eagerly await for these fabulous ladies to reveal the theme for their new challenge and let me tell you, I'm surprised every time.
So here are my Twofer cards together and then, I'll show you both of them separately and explain what I used to create them.


I created these two cards using the same fabulous stamp and die set that has that awesome little bike. The one on the left is a Retirement card, the one on the right is a Graduation card. Two different Journeys, both totally fun to start.

Here's card # 1.


This card is for the aunt of one of my Triathlon friends who is an elementary school teacher and is retiring at the end of the school year going to Arizona to be near her daughter, moving from Wisconsin to Arizona will be a total change both in landscape and especially weather, I bet she won't miss the Winters up here all that much, Tee Hee!!😉
I stamped the bike from the Impression Obsessions Riding Pretty, (it has a companion die set) and fussy cut the wheels and part of the rack and chain to create this "Dream Catchers", I used some spare leaves I had from my scraps box for the "feathers", I sponged some Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana on them, (these "feathers" were stamped and punched with a retired SU set called "Language of Friendship", I punched them out with the coordinating punch.) I drew stripes on the wheels with a white Prismacolor pencil to mimic yarn wrapped around and a few enamel dots and Rhine Stones for bling.
The wall is done with a Tim Holtz embossing folder, sponged with a bit of pink and copper inks, the sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Pears"

*********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is stamped with the SU Delicate Details (retired), the sentiment is from the SU "Teeny, Tiny Wishes) (retired) and the little flower pot from an Altenew set called Garden Grow 

 ********************************************************
Here's my Twofer.


This card is for my grandson's girlfriend, who's graduating this year from High School, same time as him, I already have his graduation card, which was part of TWOFER CHALLENGE #14
The bike, flowers and gifts were stamped with Stazon black ink, colored with Prismacolor pencils and cut out with the dies.  The background is called "Faded Text Background" (Stampabilities) was stamped using copper ink, I stamped a couple of more little leafy branches to create a scene for this fun bike ride through Life.
The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Country Charm Labels"

*******************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is done with the SU Delicate Borders, the sentiment, diploma and "congrats" word are stamped with a Fiskars set called "Monumental Moments".

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


#202 "Only Girls Allowed"

#110 Embossing Folders.
Always Fun Challenges

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.







6 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Ah what a clever way to use your wheels for your friends retirement card! Love the texture on both of these and this bike with the packages is absolutely adorable!

Sonny P. said...

You are too clever !! What fun cards ! I am sure they will be received with absolute delight !

Leslie Miller said...

Again with the amazing creativity, Maria! I recognized those as dream catchers right away and didn't even think at first that they were made with wheels. What a brilliant idea! You always come up with something different. I dearly love the sweet and pretty bike and the matching dies give such a nice, finished look. Two different journeys, true, and I can say from experience that both are an adventure. I'm so glad you were able to play along with us at Twofer again!

Darnell said...

I love your enthusiasm, Maria, and appreciate your ongoing support of Twofer! You've once again made two amazing cards using the prompt for your designs! I love the bicycle for the graduation card for your grandson's girlfriend and so will she! And it's awesome how you used the bike wheels to make your dream catchers for your friend's Aunt's retirement card! The backgrounds on both are perfect to add depth and interest and I love how you cleverly used leaves for your feathers and beautifully finished off the insides, too! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #16! Hugs, Darnell

HJ said...

Love your creativity, Maria. Great takes on the theme and each card is so different using the same stamp set. I'm making a couple graduation cards and was very interested in your grad card, especially the inside quote. Enjoy your day!

Loll said...

Two fantastic wheel cards Maria! Love the innovation of creating the dream catchers using the bike wheels. So clever and creative. Makes a wonderful retirememnt card. And the bike for a grad card is so perfect for this is a journey to a new part of life. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.