Followers

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Clearly Wonderful.....

Hello everyone: I hope all of you up in the Northern States are finally enjoying some warm temperatures and sunshine, we have been blessed with awesome weather this past few days so I hope it stays that way from now on.
I have a card to share using one of my old Power Poppy and Flourishes stamp sets in my continued effort to use what I have, which is plenty, and not get any more stamps sets this year. Some of these old favorites haven't seen ink in a while so it feels like they are brand new, this is what I tell myself and it works.


This sweet image and sentiment are from a Power Poppy set called Under Glass, it has some really beautiful images plus the glass dome to create little topiaries with several themes for practically, any occasion.
I stamped the dome with Tumbled Glass distress ink and then, the Orchid "inside" of it with Stazon black ink and colored it with Prismacolor pencils.
After coloring, I fussy cut the image and added some Glossy Accents to make the dome look like glass. I'm sorry the camera didn't capture this effect no matter how many times I took the picture, but it looks really pretty.
The pattern papers are from my dwindling stash from Lili of the Valley, I bought several pads some years ago when they discontinued the collection, so very sad.
I added a few enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs and I also created a bit of a background with my sponge daubers. 
**********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from the set and that little dome with the orchid is from a Flourishes set called "From the Garden" (illustrated by Marcella Hawley.)

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

"Sketch it Out"

#191 "May Flowers"
Crafty Gals Corner

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You've done it again -- so cute! I love this set. I don't remember the Flourishes set you used on the inside, but it looks cute, too. I can sort of see the glossy effect on the dome when I click to enlarge. This worked out great with the sketch. You're doing a good job of using up your designer paper. I don't know if I'll ever get there. Just bought 4 new pads, sheesh.

Patti Willey said...

I have that Flourishes set and it's tough to ink up so many stamp sets why do we keep buying them? The poor adorable things patiently wait for some creative inking up! Very nice to see you're committed to using your stash. Beautiful orchid you have under glass!

Julie Koerber said...

What a fun mashup of sets Maria! Again, I am loving your color choices -- so perky and cheery! Your coloring is just so vibrant -- this little image pops off the page! Love it!

Jana Forrest said...

Maria your card is so pretty and very cute. Great job! Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest