Followers

Friday, June 28, 2019

Full Bloom.....

Hello everyone: I finally was able to finish this card today, it's been hectic this week mainly because my grandchildren are on Summer Break so we go to the Crown Point YMCA brand new Aquatic Center's outdoor pool and spend some fun time basking in the sun, (well, me.....not so much), swimming, having lunch, etc. That pretty much takes most of my day some days, but also, I've been having some Sciatica problems so, I also have been going to doctors appointments, etc. I'm feeling a lot better today after my doctor gave me a Cortisone shot yesterday.
Anywho, here's my card.


This beautiful image is from a Power Poppy set called "Daffodils", I absolutely adore the little snail climbing up the leaf.
I stamped it on Canson watercolor paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it, then colored it with some of my grandaughter's Windsor & Newton markers that she let me borrow, the colors are intense and with just a little bit, you get bright colors when you apply the wet brush.
I used my old Stampin' Up! Pinkin Hearts corner punch on a piece of pattern paper that perfectly accommodated my flower panel.
The sentiment is from a Spellbinders die set called "Oval Magesty"

*********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is from a retired SU set called "Delicate Borders", the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called "Short Stacks", the cupcake from a Penny Black set called "Cupcakes".

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Favorite Summer or Winter color and why.
My favorite colors of Summer are pinks and purples.
As You Like It Challenge

Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #99
Favorite color combo, mine is pinks and purples.
Cardz 4 Galz

I picked Raspberry, Pansy and Willow.


Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.






6 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Whoa whoa whoa what a beautiful card! I've never seen a Daffy in pink but I love it! You're so brave reaching for new mediums to color with! What a feminine treatment this patter paper and your shears did to this panel I'm in Love with your card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Maria! Beautiful mix of stamps, colors, and design! You did get some intense color with those marker and I love it! You're good with any coloring medium you pick up. Your days sound like great summer fun, but I'm sorry to hear about your sciatica. Here's hoping the relief from the cortisone shot gives you a chance to improve. Hugs!

Lynda said...

Great colouring and design Maria - loving the pinks and purples you chose - and that snail certainly is something, isn't it? Thank you for joining us at Cardz4Galz with your favourite colour combination. :) Lynda DT
ps - good look with the sciatica injection :) :)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

CatScrapbooking said...

What a stunning card! I love the daffodils and I agree that snail is pretty cute. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

Melanie R said...

Such a surprise to see a pink Daffodil, but oh, so lovely! Every element is perfectly coordinated and your recipient is one very lucky person. Thank you for playing along at Color Dare #349.