Followers

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Best Friends.....Yikes!!!!!

Hello everyone: Do you still send Halloween cards to friends and family? Well, I do, even to my grown grandkids, (2 of them are adults already, sheeesh!!) they still get a kick out of them although it's getting harder and harder to create any kind of greeting card for my 18 y/o grandson.
Anywho, here's a card I will happily add to my Halloween stash and soon will be on its merry way to someone I love.


This card is created with a 2006 Stampin' Up! set called "Best Friends". 
Back when this set was in circulation, I didn't know anything about card making, rubber stamps, blogs, etc. otherwise, believe me, I would have grabbed immediately. I started stamping maybe back in 2010 so I never knew this set existed until I saw a card on Pinterest made with one of the images, and then, the hunt began.
All I had was the name of the set so I went searching on I started searching for it on the Internet until I finally saw it on eBay and I bought it on the spot, I love it.
I stamped this sweetie pie and her friendly Bat on watercolor paper with Versafine black in and clear heat embossed it then, colored with some Sakura Koy watercolors. I wanted to give her a nice attire so I colored her hat and dress a nice orange instead of black.
The pattern paper is from my stash and so is the ribbon. The sentiment is from the set.
***********************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is super old and I don't know where it came from, the spider is from a bag of confetti.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

The Paper Players
I went with the horizontal line in the middle,
Orange, Die-cut and Halloween.
The dies are both the circle and the scalloped.


Stampin' Up! Only Challenges
SUO Challenges -

Crafting Happiness Challenges
#16
Crafting Happiness Challenges

Crafty Cardmakers
#242 Add a Critter.
I added my little Bat.
Crafty Cardmakers
Krafty Chicks Challenge
Sketch used with Julee Tilman's permission.


Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.




9 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That is a seriously warty witch, lol. Very fun Halloween card, and fun papers! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, this is such a fun Halloween card! I love that witch and all the chevron! Thank you so much for joining our challenge this week at The Paper Players! XX

Sonny P. said...

Well, she is the cutest scary witch I`ve seen this season !
Cute card !

Leanne said...

Great card, thanks for playing our challenge twist at Krafty Chicks. Awesome job!

Leanne DT/KC

Tangii said...

Fantastic!!!! I absolutely LOVE this. Great use of the sketch and super cute images! Thanks for playing along with the Krafty Chicks Challenge, hope to see you again.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is fabulous! So bright and fun! I love that you send Halloween cards. It's just a fun thing to do. You'll be getting one from me, for sure. This is one of those stamps that never looks old. It's just a hoot and I'm glad you found it!

Nance said...

Oh what a fun Halloween card! Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Margaret Mifsud said...

A gorgeous Halloween card! I love the cute images and the colouring is fabulous!! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Fiona said...

Such a fun card - we don't really send Hallowe'en cards here in the UK - but I run a Facebook Group called The Joy of Sets and have recently organised a Hallowe'en swap so I'm looking forward to receiving my first ever card - thanks for joining us at SUO Challenge this week.