Followers

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Sweets for The Twofer Challenge.....

Hello everyone: Well, it took a bit of time for me to come up with a couple of cards for the new Twofer Challenge, with a theme of SWEETS, and it wasn't because I don't have any sweets stamps, but because I had to figure out how to create two cards, using the same stamp, for two different occasions.
So I came up with these two cards, hope you like them.


**************************************************


I decided to create a Happy New Year card, I don't make too many of those but I really like the way this one turned out.
The image is from a Power Poppy set called Under Glass, love all the images on it with the option to put them under the glass bell or not.
I stamped the image on a die-cut piece of white card stock masking the candle and, with the aid of the MISTI, repositioned the stamp so I can stamp one of the sparklers in place of the candle, then I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils, and added a bit of gold paint to the sparklers, the embossing folder is from SU (retired) but I can't recall the name, the golden frame from my stash of die cuts.
The word "happy" and the "2020" are from a die set that I got at the bargain bin at Michael's, I paid $3.00 for it, woo hoo!!
**************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is from a stash of leftover pattern paper, the sentiment and horn are from Power Poppy set called "Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1"

****************************************************
Here's my Twofer.


I made a Birthday card, coloring the image the same way, I added a strip of pattern paper with the candles, so cute, die-cut the panels and stamped the sentiment from a Power Poppy set called Tea in the Garden, I added some enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.

***********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The row of balloons are from a My Favorite Things set called, the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Ewe Are the Best and the cupcake from a Penny Black set called Cupcakes

I want to play along with the following challenges.


Challenge #243 "Sparkle"
Crafty Cardmakers

#185 "Birthdays"
The Paper Girls Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.



7 comments:

Brian King said...

Oooh! I love the panel of candles popping out from the wave in the center of the card. ♥

Patti Willey said...

Great use of our sparkling cupcakes! I love them! Your color pallet with the designer paper on that Birthday card adorable with the cupcakes wel done!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love both your sparkly cards! The cupcake image is so cute and the colours are gorgeous! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, fantastic, Maria!!! I had a hard time thinking what to do for this challenge, but as I go along I suddenly remember all kinds of stamps I could have used. Forgot all about this one! How fun both your cards are! Totally different designs, both bright and beautiful. I love how you turned the candle into a sparkler on the New Year's card. You sure do get some amazing color with your pencils. So happy to see you bringing your sweets to play with us at Twofer!

Darnell said...

Those teacups filled with a celebration cupcake exploding with fireworks is so fun, Maria! As you've shown, it can be used for any occasion and I love how you've made your two designs with it! Your coloring is bright and cheerful and, as always, I'm impressed by how you finish the insides, too! Your New Year's card is fabulously textured and I love the wavy display of the candle pp on your birthday card!! Thank you so much for your unending support and for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #21! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

So bright, happy, and sweet for both occasions! Those sparklers really give your first card that New Year vibe, and I love the wavy layers on your second card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Anita in France said...

What fabulous, celebratory and sparkly tea and cake treats on your New Year card, Maria ... delicious inside the touch-of-gold frame! What a fun birthday card ... the wave of candles is brilliant and what a great idea to mimic the colours of your design in the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)