Followers

Monday, April 6, 2020

At the Zoo.........

Hello everyone: I hope all of you and your families are doing well, staying home and following the safety guidelines, I know it's hard to be indoors, not being able to see family and friends and live our social life like before this pandemic, but this is the reality we're living now so we need to stay put and endure and find something fun to do indoors, like creating cards.


These fabulous wild animals are from the retired SU set called "Zoo Review" (2011-2012), this set is perfect for making masculine cards. 
I realized the other day when I was organizing all the cards I've been making, that my masculine stash has 4 cards only and that is not acceptable so, this one is happily going to that stash.
I stamped the images with Stazon black ink on Strathmore Bristol paper, I created a mask for the lion and the zebra, and colored it with Prismacolor pencils, I found the card base in my "save for later" stash, came in real handy.  I needed a vertical sentiment and sadly, I don't have any so I improvised using the word "Celebrate" was stamped using the MISTI  on a tag die cut.
********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is the other half of the one in the front of the card, the animals are from the Zoo Review set.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


Going with both, Birthday and Toppings.

April 2020 "Animal Magic"
Country View Challenges

"Z is for Zoo Animals"
Alphabet Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by.
Stay healthy and safe.

XO
Maria.



12 comments:

Sue said...

This is lovely, and it's always good to have a guy card in the box! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts and take care, Sue xx

Patti Willey said...

You are lucky to have such a handsome stamp! I can't tell you how many times I apologize my male card recipients for their floral card I usually exclaim "I'm practicing coloring that challenging flower"! Te he!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is amazing! I don't even remember this zoo set, but it is perfect for our challenge as well as the others! Your coloring is perfect. Plus the inside is just as cute as the outside! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week at the Paper Players!

Glenda J said...

This is wonderful! Terrific rich colour combination and great colouring. Love what you did inside. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Sonny P. said...

Whoa ! How did I miss these guys ? I did not see this card and I am glad I poked around a bit and there was a card I missed . Really striking trio of jungle animals . You colored them to perfection !

Cazro said...

Wow, this is stunning, I love the inside too, a beautiful display of zoo animals. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT

Helen said...

Beautifully put together and I love the way you've stamped the sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

Claire Broadwater said...

What a beautiful group of zoo animals! Your coloring is fabulous, too! Love the way you finished the inside, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great collection of safari animals that you could find at the zoo too - I love the little scene you created. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Leslie Miller said...

What a great stamp and beautifully colored! I've never seen that set before, but I don't look at SU much anymore. Fabulous card, Maria! Staying at home... we still go outside and do things in the yard, take the dogs for a walk, and today we went for a little drive but stayed in the car. If I couldn't go outside at all it would make me crazy!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great animal card ! Thank you so much for playing along with my 'Animal Magic' challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful animal cards!
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges and take care, Evelyn xx