Followers

Monday, June 15, 2020

A Little Reminder.......



The challenge over at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE for the month of June is a color one, you must use the color Navy plus another color, just one color, ok?  Here's the card I created to inspire you to join us in our gallery.


This image is from a Power Poppy set called Everything's Even Rosier, which unfortunately is retired.  I stamped the image on Strathmore Bristol paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with Prismacolor pencils.
The sentiment is from the set and the corner die-cut is from THIS TIM HOLTZ SET which is on sale now, just saying.
By the way, I was wondering if there were actually blue roses in Nature....well, no, not in Nature but some florists do tint roses blue and they are really beautiful.
Check out this VIDEO.

************************************************************
This is the INSIDE of my card.


The border is punched with a Martha Stewart punch, the sentiment and the little roses on the corner are from the Power Poppy set.

I hope you get inspired to come and play along with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, please visit our challenge blog for more inspiration from my awesome teammates.

Take care, stay healthy, be safe.
XO
Maria.







6 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Oh these are so pretty ! I watched the BLUE ROSES video !
Oh my ...just heavenly blue ! I think we all need BLUE ROSES with everything going on !! Thank you for that treat !!

Leslie Miller said...

I watched the video. That's just so cool and beautiful! I guess roses can be any color if you dye them. Good to know for future coloring! We did this once as a school science experiment when I was a kid, but we used white carnations and food coloring. Or was it dye? It turned the edges of the petals whatever color we were using. Maybe if we let it sit longer it would have dyed the whole bloom like the roses. Anyway, Maria... You've colored this stamp so beautifully! Your shading is so pretty and I love the green with it. Thank goodness this image is still available as a digi. It's so gorgeous!

Bobby said...

I don't care if blue roses don't grow naturally, Maria, they look fabulous on your card.

Viv said...

Another super card here Maria, hugs Viv xx

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card Maria and I love the die cut on your card along with the gorgeous flowers!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful card mf...love the look of the cut away corner.
xx Karen