Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Twofer From My Pile.

Hello everyone: In spite of what some people say, this Pandemic is still here, and it will be here for a while, IT can't be wished away, you can't predict IT will go away either, so it's better to listen to the people who actually know what they are talking about and do the "social distancing" thing, wear the uncomfortable mask if we must go out and be patient. I know this is hard for kids and young adults, heck!! it's hard for an older woman like me so it's even harder for these poor kids who look forward to Summer Vacation all school year long. 
So let's take care of ourselves and each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I've been working diligently to reduce my pile of unused and partially colored images from the "changed my mind" box. I've shown a couple of pictures of these images HERE and HERE and now, here are a couple of more cards from these piles.


First card.


The image is from a retired Flourishes set called "Tulips for Friends", stamped with Stazon black ink on Strathmore Bristol watercolor paper and colored with Windson/Newton watercolor markers. The pattern paper is from my coveted stash from Lili of the Valley.
************************************************
This is the INSIDE of this card.


The sentiment is from the Tulips for Friends set, the little tulips on the corner are from another Flourishes set called "From the Garden" colored with Prismacolor pencils.
****************************************************
Second card.


I love this sweet Cardinal couple, from the Power Poppy set called Cozy Cupfuls, which happens to be on sale now!!
The die cut is from Tim Holts "Alterations" die set. I added some Rhine Stones for a little bling.
******************************************************
This is the INSIDE of this card.


Both the sentiment and the little mug are from the same stamp set.

WOOHOO!!! I'm making progress, I'm just scratching the surface of this pile of great images that, for whatever reason, I never used.

I want to play along with the following challenges.

I'm a DT member.
Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge Blog



Thank you for stopping by today.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

6 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Pretty ! Love that sentiment "Have a cozy holiday " !
Your unfinished projects are closer to being finished than mine are . You have a treasure of images to use !

Brian King said...

Gotta love the "changed my mind" pile. Love these, Maria!

Patti Willey said...

Amazing you're getting your pile used up into fabulous greeting cards! Well done!

Leslie Miller said...

You have the best "changed my mind" box! Love that name, ha! I also love the little tulips inside your first card, and how you curved the sentiment for your Christmas card. That looks so cool! Beautiful coloring!

Jackie C said...

This has come together beautifully!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI

lauren bergold said...

oooooh i love that you made extra UFO's and they are amazing maria! (very good advice re the pandemic, as well, i honestly cannot imagine what ppl are THINKING sometimes, or perhaps IF ppl are thinking??!)