Followers

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

CAS and Vellum.....

Hello dear friends: Is my wish that you and your families are well, taking care of each other, supporting each other in these very difficult times of uncertainty and pain, I pray for strength and peace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOS Headquarters

Welcome to another SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge, the theme is CAS or KISS=Keep It Simple Sister!!
There was a time when this style of card making was not at all my favorite, I felt that there was a lot of unused card stock and to me, that was kind of wasteful but, since then I've come to appreciate the elegance and simplicity of the CAS style and learned that I can still add some images to utilize the space better.
I browse Pinterest for inspiration and there I found THIS CARD by Janet a.k.a Swanlady 21 and decided to CASE it, thank you, Janet.


Some of the details you can use are a little pop of color, dry and heat embossing and, some thread or ribbon, in my card I added some silver metallic thread.

******************************************************

This is the INSIDE of my card.


I chose to leave the inside without a sentiment, this could be a Wedding or Aniversary card too.
I hope you come and join the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew in our gallery with your CAS cards, for more inspiration, check what the rest of the team has prepared for you.

I want to play with the following challenges.



This is what I used to create this card.

Altenew "Beautiful Day" and "Peony Bouquet".
Stampin' Up! "Flowering Fields"
Stampin' Up! "Delicate Details"
Power Poppy "Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips"
WOW Pearlescent Embossing Powder.
Gina Marie Designs Enamel Dots.
Metallic thread from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.



12 comments:

Sonny Peterson said...

Just lovely ! Love the pink delicate flowers and addition of the silver . You did CAS to perfection .

perfectly4med said...

Love the colouring and the subtle embossing - a really pretty card. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More.

Neil

Chris Dring said...

Wow, Maria, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Barbara Godden said...

I am in AWE of this card, it is gorgeous. Wow I just zoned in on the gorgeous flores and silver thread and didn't see the white space. now that is a compliment for sure.

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW that is incredible maria, i loooooove the combination of dry and heat embossing in the background, especially, i wish i had thought of adding TEXTURE to my "white space"!!! ♥

Chana Malkah said...

Maria, this is stunning! I love the technique, the composition, I love it all! Great job with a difficult style!
Hugz,
Chana

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your version too. I love that we all inspire one another.

Donna said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
Love the beautiful embossing and that flower....love it!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a beautiful card and so perfect for the occasion and for our challenge at Less Is More. Thanks so much for playing with us! It's always a joy to see your creations!

Leslie Miller said...

Sigh, your card is so beautiful, Maria! The faint embossing in the background is a lovely touch. I do love a CAS card with lots of white space and/or an uncluttered card. This is breathtaking!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love the soft colors! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at the Paper Players!