Followers

Monday, February 15, 2021

A Little Reminder/New stamps.

 Hello everyone: As always, is my hope that you and your families are doing well and are staying safe and healthy, please never forget to wear your masks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE FLOWER CHALLENGE has arrived at its halfway point so my teammates and I want you to go and visit our blog for some fabulous inspiration from the DT.

This is the card I made, I hope you come and play along.

Believe it or not, this image was printed on plain copy paper, I ran out of my Canson Mixed Media paper, this is the only one that can go through the printer.  I should have ordered it or just go to the store but I didn't know if it would be here on time for me to print and color this image and, it's been so darn cold and snowy that I was too lazy to go out, but I was very amazed at how well this paper took my pencils and the Gamsol.  I made up my mind about not buying any more stamp sets, from now on, I will use what I have, which is enough for me to enjoy many more years of card making.  My printer is working again, WOO HOO! 

******************************************************
This is the INSIDE of my card.


And this is what I used.

Power Poppy Climbing Clematis. digital image.
Prismacolor pencils.
SU "Bordering Blooms" (2014-2015)
Power Poppy "Countryside Bouquet Delux" (2014)

Thank you for stopping by.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.



6 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow stunning Clematis! That’s gorgeous! I’m surprised your paper held up to your die cut Nice Save for the Challenge!

Bobby said...

You did a fantastic job coloring that Clematis, Maria. I love that lacy edge too. This is such a beautiful card.

TaeEun said...

The blue-violet clematis is one of my favorite flowers! I used to have them in my previous house and I miss them so much! Your coloring on them is so gorgeous! Also the butterfly looks so real! A beautiful card, Maria!

Loll said...

AMAZING colouring with pencils Maria! I admire your work ... I am not good with pencils. Not only that, but your colouring is done on copy paper ... another amazing! I know what you mean about not buying any new stamp sets. I have so many NBUS that I could last for years just using new stamps ... but it's always too tempting and I give in. Maybe we should start a support group??!! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, your coloring looks amazing on the plain printer paper. The colors really pop on the bright white. Your will power blows me away. I love new stamps, but stay within a personal budget. I guess that's something. I also have lots of older stamps that I dearly love, sigh. It's all wonderful!

AlisonC said...

This is so pretty in contrast to the grey outside. I have far too many stamps and never need to buy more but every so often one takes my fancy. I do like to revisit and use the old ones. Good luck with your resolution and I must try using copy paper too!