Followers

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

RR sketch


Hello everyone: I every day I hope that you and your families are doing well, this pandemic is not over yet so, keep wearing your masks and keeping your distances, we need to be patient and responsible if we want to go back to NORMAL. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to a new challenge over at RETRO RUBBER, this sketch was designed by our teammate Claire, and this is the card I made to inspire you to come and play along with us in our gallery.


Have you ever seen a blue and orange phone?? LOL!! I haven't and that's probably why I decided to color this sweet old model phone this way.

*************************************************

This is the INSID


This is what I used.

Flourishes "Call Me" (2012)
All the DSP is from my stash except for the blue flower strip
that came from the wrapping that Marcella (Power Poppy) uses
to wrap our stamp sets when she ships them to us.
I used Prismacolor pencils to color my image.
The die-cut flowers are from a SU die set called "Botanical Builder" (retired)

This year I will leave my cards without a sentiment inside, sometimes my family asks for a particular card and if it's not for a birthday or Mom's Day, etc. it's hard to change the sentiments without messing up the card.

I'm playing with the following challenges.

Challenge #62 "Use Flowers"

Challenge #201 "Anything Goes"



"It's my Favorite" 
For this card, the phone is my favorite, wish they were still around.


I hope you hop over the RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE BLOG for more inspiration from my awesome teammates and then, join us in the gallery.

Stay healthy and safe and don't forget to wear your masks.
Hugs.
Maria.






11 comments:

MS Kraft Store said...

Beautiful card. Love the texture background. It looks so bright. Thanks for sharing with us at Make the Card Challenge.
Hope to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Mifta.
Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

Neva Cole said...

What a great mix of colors that really pop! And no I've never have seen an old fashion phone this color, but it's perfect for this card!

Melanie Hungerford said...

I think the blue and orange are great together, and love that old fashioned phone image. So glad you joined us at Make the Cards Challenge this week!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this sketch and really enjoy playing with a sketch in general. I'm going to pin it. Your card is fantastically adorable with the old phone and bright colors and perfect mix of papers. I have a special fondness for wood grain. What a great alternative to CAS. Both styles are fun!

Jan Clothier said...

Orange and blue... an unusual but bright, cheery combination. I like the way you've successfully combined s range of different papers. Stay safe, Maria.

Patti Willey said...

Woo that’s a busy sketch you pulled it together well! I love the cup of posies I’ve been known to have the florist fill a tea cup & saucer it’s a sweet look!

Darlene said...

Oh Maria this is just AWESOME! Great take on the sketch and your colors are FABULOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Card Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
MAKE THE CARD CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Sonny Peterson said...

So cute and colorful ! Wouldn`t it be fun to actually have a phone like this ? You really made this a cute cute card !!

Julene Matthews said...

Thanks for joining us at UYS. That phone takes me back to my grandparents house where they had a similar phone.

Claire Grantham said...

The sketch seems to have brought out some amazing colour combos Maria and yours is wonderful. I love that bright orange, paired with the blues. And that cute image is just lovely - as is your colouring as always. Great way to use the sketch, thank you. Claire x

missgailly said...

Love how bright and colourful this card is. GREAT JOB! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STASH - DT Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy