Followers

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Curtain Call for The Twofer Challenge.

 Hello everyone: It's been a while since I posted anything on my blog.  I don't know about you guys but for me, having to deal with this virus and the confinement for over a year, has taken a toll on me, and now, we have a new threat, this variant is causing the hospitals to be overwhelmed with new people horribly sick and that is so sad, especially because this could be avoided if more people get vaccinated and wear their masks, this is a small price to pay in exchange for staying healthy and safe.

***********************************************************

As you probably know, The Twofer Challenge will be gone at the end of this month, it's so sad to see it go, this is one of my most favorite challenges, one that truly made us reach deep into the creative corners of our brains and come up with two different cards, for two different occasions using the same stamp.  I must say that, when I participated in the very first challenge, I got this totally wrong, but Darnell, who is one of the sweetest persons I know in blog land, lovingly and with infinite patience, guided me until I got it right, she is a gem.  I'm going to miss this challenge!!!!!

So, here are my Twofer cards to bid farewell to all of the amazing ladies on the Design Team, you guys inspired us for almost 4 wonderful years, this was one of the most creative groups of crafters, ever.




Twofer #1



This is the inside.



Twofer #2


This is the inside


This is what I used:

The first card is a Valentine

Stampin' Up! "Pampered Pets" stamps and dies.

The sentiment in front is from Stampin' Up! " Itty Bitty Banners" (2013)

The sentiment inside is from Flourishes " Tokens of my Affection" (2014)


Card # 2, I gave my little kitty a doggie friend.

Stampin' Up! "Pampered Pets" stamps and dies. 

The sentiment in front is from Power Poppy "Simply Camelias" (2015)

The sentiment inside is from Power Poppy "Feeling Fall" (2016)

The leaves are also from this set.

I want to play with:

The Twofer Challenge


Thank you again dear ladies of the Designer Team, it was a pleasure and amazing fun to play along with you.  I wish you all the best.

Stay healthy and safe.

XO

Maria.




4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

It was a fun 4 years, for sure! I know how much you enjoyed this challenge and how faithfully you played. You aced the concept with these two adorable cards. Super cute stamps and papers. Really loving the fall card. Both are happy and fun to look at!

Mary Fish said...

precious pets.

Darnell said...

You're very welcome, Maria. Thank YOU for being one of our most enthusiastic players! You never failed to show your joy of how challenging TCC was by your amazing designs and you have outdone yourself with this last Twofer. Your sweet fluffy kitty looks so happy to be in the spotlight on your romantic Valentine design ~ and equally happy to have found a doggie friend to talk with on your gorgeous autumn design! As always, I love the insides, too!

As for the world, I'm sorry the situation has gotten you down. It's understandable and hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The only way I've been able to keep some positivity is by turning off the news which I used to have on all the time. It's all bad. I'm not sure that's the right approach, but life's too short, so for my own sanity I had to do it. After all, there's no vaccine for worry and worry will put you in an early grave, too. ... Hey, that was pretty good. I should write that down! Sending lots of love and big squishy hugs, my friend. Darnell

Sonny Peterson said...

Both cards are just too cute ! I love this set and that prissy kitty is so much like a cat I use to have .
So sorry this challenge group is ending . It was always fun to see their card displays and your additions .