Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Shells and Memories.

 Hello everyone: As always, I hope you and your families are doing well, keeping each other healthy and safe.

The SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge has a new theme for you to play with, we want to see you use your blending tools and inks to create your cards, so this is going to be fun and a great chance for you to practice using this beautiful technique.

I hardly ever use blending on my cards but I have to tell you, I had a lot of fun doing it this time.

Here's my card and I hope it inspires you to come and play along.


Creating this card took me on a memory lane trip back to when our grandkids were little and we took them on Spring Break Vacations to the beaches of Mexico and Florida.  Sitting on a launch chair, watching them run around on the sand with their buckets picking up little shells, and then, dashing over to us to show their little treasures are truly sweet memories that we will hold on to forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the inside.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this is what I used.

Flourishes "Seaside Life" (2009)

Stampin' Up! "Up, Up and Away" (2011-2012)

Prismacolor pencils for the shells.

Tim Holtz Distress inks for the blending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to play with the following challenges.

Daring Cardmakers 

I picked the shells, the colors and the blending sky.



Thank you for stopping by and for your comments, they always make my day.

Please stay healthy and safe.


Maria.

PS. I apologize for the comment section being so far down my post, I have no idea why it's like that.  If any of you have experienced this problem and figured out a solution, I would appreciate it so much if you would share it with me. 
Thank you.

6 comments:

dj said...

I'm a sucker for all things nautical so of course I am loving your inspiration for our new challenge over at SOS. You have given a great kick-start to inspiring those who decide to play along with our "Blending In" challenge

Dawn said...

Such a gorgeous card and what a lovely memory to share. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous ink blending, so soft and serene, love your story of the grandkids, what a great memory. Fabulous card and inside too. the long space has happened to me not sure why but I just go and delete a lot of the space (make sure you don't delete too far LOL)

AlisonC said...

A beautiful calm scene, I love the frame with the shells round the edge to show off the pretty inking. x

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful colors in your ultra-smooth blended background! Love those gorgeous seashells, too. I don't know why you get the long distance in your post. It looks like a bunch of spaces, but you probably already thought of that.

Donna said...

Gorgeous scene you've created Maria!
So beautiful!