Followers

Monday, August 31, 2015

Merry and Bright for the Pals Paper Arts.....

Hello my dear friends: I have another Christmas card to share with you, this time is for the Pals Paper Arts  Sketch Challenge #265.  I know it's still early in the year but, the rush of Holiday card making is almost here so, this time, it wont catch me off guard.  I've been really in a roll participating in a bunch of challenges, I think this has helped me a lot gaining confidence and getting better with my creativity, they push me just enough to get out there and show my cards to all of you, trying new styles and designs. So, here is the card I made, hope you like it.
This is a card made with 3  delightful images from Purple Onion Designs' Stacey Yacula , you can see why I just can't stop smiling.  Now, I did a bit of recycling for this card, the gold piece of paper at the top is from a perfume bottle my dear hubby got me last year, I saved all 4 sides and trimmed one of them to use on this card, it's really a beautiful design. 
This images were stamped on Canson Canva water color paper with Stazon Jet Black Ink and colored with almost all of my SU write markers. The garland on the Christmas Tree and the star on top  were painted with a gold gel pen and then, I added a bit of sparkle with some SU Dazzling Details. The sentiment is from the Power Poppy set POINSETTIA  and it's heat embossed with gold glitter embossing powder, the presents have a little bit of shimmery gold and silver paint on the ribbons.
This is the sketch that inspired this card.
 08-27 PPA 265 I hope you like this card, I want to thank you for stopping by my blog today, please leave me your comments and any questions you might have about this card, I will be happy to answer them.
Till next time, keep on stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

22 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful work, Maria. I love the puppy in the present!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, :)

Sonny said...

This the cutest ! It reminds me of cartoons ! Don`t you love mixing stamp sets and sentiments...then throw in some "perfume paper" and you have a fun card !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! that perfume box was so beautiful I couldn't just throw it out.
Thanks my friend. And I do love mixing stamps and sentiments.

Patti Willey said...

Oh gold gel pen yummy! My white is out so I'll grab a gold when I'm shopping! Adorable little images from Purple Onion!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, love this cute images.

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Maria, you have such a fun mix of stamps. I always look forward to seeing your images and your fantastic coloring. This is a really fun card!

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! This is so so sweet!! Love your images and coloring!! :)

Unknown said...

Very sweet! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

Unknown said...

Very sweet! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

Unknown said...

Very sweet! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Rosanne, this images can be combined with each other like in this card, to make little scenes, very cute.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Vicki, this images are so cute.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Beth, it was fun to play along.

Peggy Noe said...

Maria, everything about this card is adorable! Your color is so nice, and the sentiment looks so nice embossed in glitter! But my favorite part is the gold paper from your perfume bottle. So clever. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Pals Paper Arts!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Peggy, this gold box is so beautiful, I had to save it. I love participating in the PPA challenges.

Brian King said...

So cute! Love how you used this sketch, Maria!

Traci Davis said...

Congrats on winning this week at PPA!

Hugs,
Traci

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Brian, the sketch was perfect for this little Christmas scene.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Traci, I just found out a little while ago, this is just so thrilling.

Dawn Tidd said...

Maria, Congrats on your pick this week! This is such a cute card. I love the scene and the puppy peeking out of the box is adorable. I also love all the sparkle on the Christmas tree…a real WOW!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you so much Dawn, I was so thrilled my card was picked, a first for me at the PPA.